Yellow | Article

YRC Worldwide stock falls again - Kansas City Business Journal:

Seems like more cuts to come for the non union side too.:hide:[/QUOTE

I found this part real interesting. Thanks Buba

"In a research note Tuesday, analyst Edward Wolfe of New York City-based Wolfe Research LLC said YRC “lacks credibility” regarding its integration plan “given recent failed cost synergy programs.”

Also, Wolfe wrote, many of the roughly 200 terminals the company plans to cut “are likely part of (a) recent securitization agreement from restructured bank covenants.”

“After resisting the integration of the Yellow and Roadway terminal networks since the (December 2003) merger, (management) has seemingly run out of options to turn around profitability,” Wolfe wrote."

Some real strange text here.....seems somebody has done thier homework. Could these restructured bank covenants be in reference to Deutsch national bank? :eek:Hmmmmmm:eek:

merger may often have more to do with glory-seeking than business strategy. The executive ego, which is boosted by buying the competition, is a major force in M&A, especially when combined with the influences from the bankers, lawyers and other assorted advisers who can earn big fees from clients engaged in mergers. Most CEOs get to where they are because they want to be the biggest and the best, and many top executives get a big bonus for merger deals, no matter what happens to the share price later.

Mergers and Acquisitions: Why They Can Fail

part of an article copied then webpage posted with comment hope this is ok!

OK.........here's what a dumb dockworker thinks may have escalated the merger this soon.......YRC was touting the new contract and UE plus velocity changes as a cost saving/revenue increasing change. That and the changes made in the non union workers pensions at YRC.

The changes will eventually do that, after the bugs are worked out. What the creditors and the stockholders were looking for in quarter 3 was a refection of those cost saving to equal a nice profit. Well...........it was a profit, but not what everyone wanted. To me the creditors helped push this merger ahead, so as not to have them "call in their chips".

Mr. Zollars was very specific to say in his news conference that all credit obligations would be met.

Just my 2 cents.......DS.

Imagine that....Investors actually want a return on the money they invest? I cant believe they arent just happy hearing the same BS "synergy" stories every quarter!! Looks like Wall Street caught on and they might want answers from here on out!!!!:chairshot:

i would like to know how a company can make a profit when the biggest cuts being made are the union work force that ACTUALLY do the work.If freight is just sitting and not being moved because we dont have the work force to do it and the brass at the top are still sucking off millions in their pockets how could we make $$$$$$$

It's all relative...you guys represent the biggest piece piece of the pie, so naturally, in shear numbers, face the greatest cuts...not necessarily in percentage, but in quantity...you guys need to look forward realistically..
You are not going to be able to put double the freight and double the people in each building, there are only 24 hours in each day...I think going forward YRC is going to try to hold on to it's best paying freight, and say goodbye to the stuff that operates poorly, and try to make it all work in say, half the buildings, or maybe 60% of the buildings..what percentage they will say goodbye to is the wild card...if it's 20%, you guys could pretty much predict the future and believe personnel cuts will be along the same lines..But, if it is done correctly, there is a good chance that you could come out the other side very profitable, which bodes well for the future..
Edward Wolfe is just one analyst, but his article was eye opening enough to say, as some of you have already stated in this thread, "quit BSing us and get down to brass tacks"...that is the reality of the article..the proverbial s**t or get off the pot....the time has arrived..