As Seen On Youtube

We used ether long ago for that. Just feed the air intake can.

Thats one thing I never did to a car though. It has its own challenges to starting sometimes. The older Carburated engines sometimes needed a dallop of gasoline straight into the throat. She'll start. Just keep cranking through the fire that will come out of the top about 5 feet for a few moments sometimes.

Strasburg has one of the older ones it was brought out for work one winter.

This is with the 475 from N&W locomotive 4-8-0 working steam. I estimate 10 ton piled up on the thing towards the end if its the heavy snow.

When you hear steam engines work steam, they are almost maxed out from time to time against tonnage. This one is capable of about 1500 ton if not a little more in modern freight cars on that specific line. To get that dead weight going she really snorts in freight work which is one of the ways that railroad earns a living.

Speaking of Backing, I recall a incident way back in the Exel Logistics warehousing days at Chambersburg or Carlise (I forget which, its really close to Harrisburg as the crow flies) We had driven straight through from Heinz in Toledo with Ketchup through a three foot powder storm overnight to get there at 9. I was pretty tired. Having waiting 14 hours the day before to get to the place and load the little ketchup packets. Must be a million of the damn things.

The place is 22 docks on about two acres paved. Dumpster occupied the third dock. They said pick one we get you unloaded.

I could not do it. There is a certain point at which your mind is functioning very badly in basic reactions when you are that far gone. Backing a 53 between lines and to the inch is not basic function. They put it in for me.

Appears to be european racer wannabes taking the opportunity to destroy the family sedan on a professional road coarse track.

Packed under fed inspection is such BS. The last plant I got into one night some sort of farmland for pig products. Pallets all over our section of the building with blood and other products in them. Im ok with it now but some of those plants are not that great.