Central Transport | Asking for new freight

runawaytrain

Wear their scorn with pride.
Credits
I have a customer in which everytime I walk into his business to make a delivery he yell's out to the whole crew....Vitran's here let's get ready to restack and sort the damage. Sadly that's the perception of our company. Now keep in mind the receiving supervisor and me are friends and he does it in a fun loving way. Honestly I don't no why they keep using us, we have had this account for years. I think sometime's it's partly because of the great relationship we have but I don't want to give myself that much credit. Maybe we pay his claims in a timely manner. I really don't know. My point is why should I ask for freight when most the time we tear it up....See not all customer's are as nice as the before mentioned. And it's me and my relationship with them that get's strained...I don't know what the anwser is other than getting OS&D in better shape. See I'm the face of Vitran and I get tired of taking the blame for something that is out of my control.

exactly why i know people in my town but will not talk them into vitran service,,,, then what???? see them at the store or church after we ripped up a $5k skid out of stupidity? like i said before, markham and toledo are a problem with linehaul, so at least when they get oswego il open to take some pressure of markham, maybe things will improve. considering the location, i take it markham will be city work and oswego will be the linehaul hub? a lot of freight going back and forth in the rust belt passes through these two places and get's damaged. os&d should be a priority here, we are losing customers over it and we cannot gain new customers over it

I have a customer in which everytime I walk into his business to make a delivery he yell's out to the whole crew....Vitran's here let's get ready to restack and sort the damage. Sadly that's the perception of our company. Now keep in mind the receiving supervisor and me are friends and he does it in a fun loving way. Honestly I don't no why they keep using us, we have had this account for years. I think sometime's it's partly because of the great relationship we have but I don't want to give myself that much credit. Maybe we pay his claims in a timely manner. I really don't know. My point is why should I ask for freight when most the time we tear it up....See not all customer's are as nice as the before mentioned. And it's me and my relationship with them that get's strained...I don't know what the anwser is other than getting OS&D in better shape. See I'm the face of Vitran and I get tired of taking the blame for something that is out of my control.

Just hang in there bro, CK and the crew will get everything turned around!

Arguments+with+my+Girlfriend.+But+she+s+a+Harvard-bound+Olympic+skater_4dab54_4379770.gif

Austin good grief man, You gotta try something different. You got yourself stuck man. Get off, pull it around. And try not to make the same mistake. Even Dr.Evil learns from his mistakes

How many times have you busted your hump all day, finally getting in after making the last "Gotta Get It Now" pickup, clock out, go home, come back after your 10 hours only to find that the "Gotta Get It Now" freight is STILL sitting on the dock, and aint gonna move til tonite!?! That does bother me. That is why I dont ask for that extra skid.

How many times have you busted your hump all day, finally getting in after making the last "Gotta Get It Now" pickup, clock out, go home, come back after your 10 hours only to find that the "Gotta Get It Now" freight is STILL sitting on the dock, and aint gonna move til tonite!?! That does bother me. That is why I dont ask for that extra skid.

been there done that more times than i can remember,,,,,,,,,,,,,, good point

I want so bad at time's to tell customer's please don't ship with Vitran unless your product is indestructible....i.e. 2 weeks ago I picked up (4) 20' long bundle's of aluminium extrusion's that weighed around 50 pounds each....Something that we loaded by hand with one person on each end. I knew when I picked it up it would never make it, and sure enough about a week later it was returned bent and run over with a forklift after being refused by the consignee due to damage. You seen where they tried to move it with a forklift. It wasn't that heavy and if they would have only picked it up by hand and moved it the way it was loaded things would have been fine....It just seem's they don't want to get off the forklift and take the time to do it right. I have a customer that ship's 50 pound bags of flour to the food service industry that we just lost because we continue to rip the side's of the bags open by running them to close to the trailer walls. He tried working with us by going around the skids with rolled cardboard but we still ripped the sides out...I could go on and on but I will stop there. If it's steel rods....If it's something along those lines I will ask...Anything else I feel like I'm saving the company money by not asking..Just one less claim to pay.

seen that here too. let's not forget pharmaceutical (spelling) grade products where one damaged sack condemns the whole skid)