FedEx Freight | Attendance policy

Gator

Outstanding Member
Credits
Well June 1st has came and gone. Had a meeting with his morning watched another video which is always a month behind.
Well he VP said there will be changes to the policy other than the points are gone what is the policy and I don't want to hear rumors or assumptions. I want it in writing.
Asked my manager about it and he said he hasn't seen anything on it yet.
So if you have called off in the last three days other than no points what up

this Monday they will tell you about sick time and how you will be starting with a clean slate...
Correct. Everyone has a clean slate.. I'll keep it short and sweet...
You no longer get occurrences in your folder, you now get notifications in kronos.

You are allowed 5 absences and 2 tardiness
If you have the personal hours saved up (8) and use them then no notification will be given at all.

If you are going to be tardy you have to at least use 1 hour of personal and then after that it's equal to the time you are tardy. For example if you are 90 minutes late you have to use 90 minutes of personal time to keep the tardy notification off of the books..
And it's still on a rolling 6 months..

Correct. Everyone has a clean slate.. I'll keep it short and sweet...
You no longer get occurrences in your folder, you now get notifications in kronos.

You are allowed 5 absences and 2 tardiness
If you have the personal hours saved up (8) and use them then no notification will be given at all.

If you are going to be tardy you have to at least use 1 hour of personal and then after that it's equal to the time you are tardy. For example if you are 90 minutes late you have to use 90 minutes of personal time to keep the tardy notification off of the books..
And it's still on a rolling 6 months..

That's cool. So essentially a sick day is really a sick day now and not punitive

What's the point of even having a thread on company policy. You can't and won't do anything about any of it anyway. Just take it, accept it and move on, or get a contract

What's the point of even having a thread on company policy. You can't and won't do anything about any of it anyway. Just take it, accept it and move on, or get a contract
The point is so that some people will know what they are and they can follow them...heaven forbid they have to actually look them up!!

Lets review and compare...
February 2014, a certain lady in HR in Poconos region(M.H) tells a room full of grown men at EPH "if you don't want to be disciplined and written up for calling out sick, my advice to you is to get the flu shot"....
In the meantime, every time you asked for a personal day off, DENIED. If you called out sick once in a blue moon, written warning. ONE GUY OFF A WEEK FOR VACATION CALENDAR WITH 35 CITY GUYS ON BOARD!!!
Around March or April 2014, visit to Teamsters Local 107
October 2014, Election and Union victory at EPH. Happily, that certain lady in HR fired!
Since then, all policies revamped or reduced or thrown out altogether. Nice coming to work without fear and being able to call out for an emergency without somebody looking to hang you. Thanks for updating our handbook Teamsters, much appreciated!

Lets review and compare...
February 2014, a certain lady in HR in Poconos region(M.H) tells a room full of grown men at EPH "if you don't want to be disciplined and written up for calling out sick, my advice to you is to get the flu shot"....
In the meantime, every time you asked for a personal day off, DENIED. If you called out sick once in a blue moon, written warning. ONE GUY OFF A WEEK FOR VACATION CALENDAR WITH 35 CITY GUYS ON BOARD!!!
Around March or April 2014, visit to Teamsters Local 107
October 2014, Election and Union victory at EPH. Happily, that certain lady in HR fired!
Since then, all policies revamped or reduced or thrown out altogether. Nice coming to work without fear and being able to call out for an emergency without somebody looking to hang you. Thanks for updating our handbook Teamsters, much appreciated!
"Written warning" for "calling out sick once in a blue moon"....really????
You obviously didn't understand how the old attendance policy worked!! You could have multiple call ins in a rolling six month period before anything was done...and that's the way the system was designed, to allow for that "once in a blue moon" call in.

Last edited:
wish we could get our handbook updated at my barn but most people here have no nuts to step out and get informed. I wish CLT would get a contract already so the morons I work with will see things more clearly.