Central Transport | August 2013 loss numbers

Mondays were usually pretty busy. Today was lousy for most of our P & D guys, one or two deliveries and very few pickups.

my truck had plenty of empty room and was off work early, dock is like a ghost town. i was waiting for a tumbleweed to go by.

looks like another $15 mil again and the bill count is down even more. can you say even worse? wait til the shareholders see this, stock will be so cheap i could buy some. lol.

Pretty much all the money left in the bank from the sale of the logistics. But hey they forecasted losing all this money!! LOL

Really sad, this company could have started something great in the beginning, but they didn't have the right people and didn't bring in the right people. seems like it's to late now.

Pretty much all the money left in the bank from the sale of the logistics. But hey they forecasted losing all this money!! LOL

That is the same damage control I heard. Well, it does not make it any better because you saw it coming. If a you get run over by a truck it makes no difference if you saw it coming or not. You still got ran over.

bet big boys are trying to figure out how to explain 15M in losses, putting off raises, and keep doors open with half the freight.....

get ready for no raise plus concessions in the form of tiered wages, especially senior drivers.

Whatever is getting ready to go down is going to increase hits on truckingboards.com.

The boards have been a little slow, but get your typing fingers ready folks. This shut will rival primetime.

Does anybody know why salespeople got a bonus check last month when we losing accounts daily ?

desperation my friend. Keylon put in place a few months back a bonus program for the sales group. Doubt many are making much but the local sales folks can get about 600 bucks if they bring on a nice large local account. Problem is, we tend not to keep new accounts very long for reasons you already know.

I see at my barn they started daily spankings for doing something wrong with Tablet entries and incorrect inbound paperwork. I am sure they will be writing us up soon for repeated mistakes. Sure would be nice to have an actual refresher coarse on customs paperwork and hazmat BS, instead of those handouts.

i hope that goes for the people who type in the incorrect address numbers or misspelled street names. don't write me up, suspend me instead so i can go fill out apps.