R&L | Average Drivers Hours. Drivers With Lowest Number Of Hour Get To Work.

jaguar95

TB Lurker
Credits
When I got back today. Dispatcher said some goofy ::shit:: is going to happen. TM told him. He will average the driver hours worked each day. Low average number of hours work. Drivers with more hours cut. Seniority dose not matter. Anyone else hear this horse ::shit::. Think this is coming from his ass but I could be wrong. R&L has pulled ::shit:: out of their ass before.

I do not work for R&L. But my company, on the l/h side basically scrapped the set runs. Biz is off that much. And they are trying to keep all of us even in weekly hours. Regardless of seniority.

Makes sense, you want your brothers to go hungry during all of this? Quit being greedy. It’s only temporary. Either freight won’t come back and the drivers you hate to share hours with will be laid off or things will turn around in a month and your company will have the men on hand to handle the increase in freight without risking to lose it to other carriers that can handle it.

Makes sense, you want your brothers to go hungry during all of this? Quit being greedy. It’s only temporary. Either freight won’t come back and the drivers you hate to share hours with will be laid off or things will turn around in a month and your company will have the men on hand to handle the increase in freight without risking to lose it to other carriers that can handle it.
What the bottom guys do i appreciate much ,they make the weekend and vacations possible

When I started out at the company I spent 30 years at I sat at home a lot. This was before R+L. As I got some whiskers I worked more. Then I got all I could handle. I have no problem giving up time but let's get assigned days so we're not playing this we will call you crap.

When I started out at the company I spent 30 years at I sat at home a lot. This was before R+L. As I got some whiskers I worked more. Then I got all I could handle. I have no problem giving up time but let's get assigned days so we're not playing this we will call you crap.
That will never work at our terminal... Guys with least amount of hours do the least amount of work lol.... We'd go bankrupt

I cant stand some drivers being greedy during these times. I don't have any problems with drivers that have pedal runs and getting 50+ hrs. But I can't stand when we have a few drivers come in early to do a drop and hook that takes 2hrs to do before there route. I asked the tm why he doesn't let the rookies do some drop and hooks so they aren't out of work. He said the higher ups won't allow it. So I guess the higher ups would rather see a guy get 50+ hrs while the other gets 30.....Why can't they both get 40?

When I got back today. Dispatcher said some goofy :::shit::: is going to happen. TM told him. He will average the driver hours worked each day. Low average number of hours work. Drivers with more hours cut. Seniority dose not matter. Anyone else hear this horse :::shit:::. Think this is coming from his ass but I could be wrong. R&L has pulled :::shit::: out of their ass before.
You just let him know senior drivers are not obligated to sit home per company policy.

The reality is they should be furloughing the bottom drivers but the company is the greedy one. The guys that get laid off right now can collect their full pay plus 600 and the rest can still have a full work week but this way, they keep the hours low and they don't have anyone collecting unemployment. Sorry, I only average 45 hours as it is so Im not really willing to sit home and lose 8 or 9 hours to let someone else get hours.

The reality is they should be furloughing the bottom drivers but the company is the greedy one. The guys that get laid off right now can collect their full pay plus 600 and the rest can still have a full work week but this way, they keep the hours low and they don't have anyone collecting unemployment. Sorry, I only average 45 hours as it is so Im not really willing to sit home and lose 8 or 9 hours to let someone else get hours.
Agree 100%. When I first started company would NOT lay off I had some weeks grossing 450$. Begged them to just lay me off till it picked up and they would not do it. Only reason I stuck around was my wife and a relative who had been with R&L kept telling me to hold on, it would get better. Wife and I are a team and together over 30 years at this point, 20 at the point of no work , so I stuck it out. Point is company could easily have laid me off for a few weeks or months and wouldn't . I was told it was because it counts against them with state unemployment insurance .

Agree 100%. When I first started company would NOT lay off I had some weeks grossing 450$. Begged them to just lay me off till it picked up and they would not do it. Only reason I stuck around was my wife and a relative who had been with R&L kept telling me to hold on, it would get better. Wife and I are a team and together over 30 years at this point, 20 at the point of no work , so I stuck it out. Point is company could easily have laid me off for a few weeks or months and wouldn't . I was told it was because it counts against them with state unemployment insurance .
I can’t say what every state does, but from what I have seen you can file for unemployment benefits if you are only getting a day or 2 a week. You don’t have to have a pink slip in your hand, but must report any income for the week you are filing.

Not sure how unemployment works in your state, but here in Oregon if your hours are reduced beyond a certain level you can collect unemployment...providing you are actively searching for and available to work. The call it ‘layoff/lack of work’...ONE box to check that covers both issues, so they’re not separated. Depending on your weekly benefit amount, you can work a certain amount (I think its 2/3 of your weekly earnings) of hours and still collect full benefit. After that, they deduct dollar-for-dollar. Personally, I think it’s pretty spineless for companies to not issue a layoff in order to dodge unemployment laws. Several years ago Conway had me averaging about 3 days per week one winter...just a smidge above the maximum allowable hours for collecting benefits (I had an open claim from a previous job). There were some lean times over the years, but it all worked out.

I can’t say what every state does, but from what I have seen you can file for unemployment benefits if you are only getting a day or 2 a week. You don’t have to have a pink slip in your hand, but must report any income for the week you are filing.
Bingo! That’s the way it is here in Oregon.

Bingo! That’s the way it is here in Oregon.
In Illinois you could work about a day and a few more hours and collect unemployment for the rest of the week, after of course your waiting week, which if I am not mistaken has been waved during this emergency.

In Illinois you could work about a day and a few more hours and collect unemployment for the rest of the week, after of course your waiting week, which if I am not mistaken has been waved during this emergency.I
Pretty much the same here too. I wonder how it works down in the South?

Yup... thats what bein on the bottom of the list means

I didnt put in over a decade and a half here waitin on a good run to sit home while idiot does it, brings half of it back, and leaves me with a mess to clean up the next day

I cant stand some drivers being greedy during these times. I don't have any problems with drivers that have pedal runs and getting 50+ hrs. But I can't stand when we have a few drivers come in early to do a drop and hook that takes 2hrs to do before there route. I asked the tm why he doesn't let the rookies do some drop and hooks so they aren't out of work. He said the higher ups won't allow it. So I guess the higher ups would rather see a guy get 50+ hrs while the other gets 30.....Why can't they both get 40?
Because that young pup hasn’t made the investment in your company that the older guy has. He Should be rewarded for helping build your company with more than the new guy. Everyone is not entitled to equality of hours as not everyone has invested blood sweat and tears over years