Averitt | Averitt Express and Transite Technology Announce Partnership:

I would like to hear:

Averitt and Mapquest annnounce partnership...then perhaps I could stop donating 20% of my miles...

just curious but i was driving into Fort Lauderdale Int. Airport to return a rental car and i noticed 30-40 grey Averitt trailers on the rail. i've never seen an LTL company put that many trailers on a rail all at once. what's the reason ? forgive my ignorance on this as i'm a city driver from NYC. i would've snapped a pic but like i said, i was driving.

Alot of carriers use the rail in our lanes where we are heavy on inbound and light on outbound, like Florida.

If only the people that are in charge of this had some competence, this may work great. A good illustration of these people....it is like having Orville and Wilbur Wright pilot a Boeing 777. They are so clueless.

I mean Averitt's corporate people here. I haven't a clue who this other outfit is. I know they have to be proud to turn over their business to a carrier that can barely operate efficiently in 1/4 of the country.

I'm sure they didn't just jumped on board with us without careful examination of our service, but like previous stated, this sounds big and is very positive news in a negative economy.

What happened to the mighty reliance network that was to be the end all and be all? Did it also go the way of the failed averitt air?

just curious but i was driving into Fort Lauderdale Int. Airport to return a rental car and i noticed 30-40 grey Averitt trailers on the rail. i've never seen an LTL company put that many trailers on a rail all at once. what's the reason ? forgive my ignorance on this as i'm a city driver from NYC. i would've snapped a pic but like i said, i was driving.
We ship alot of LTL into our Mia serctr, it was nothing to see 10-14 TL trucks, not counting sleeper shuttle, bringing it in every day. At that time we HAD nice frt coming out, but then cut rate garbage carriers took all that away. We were running mt as far to ATL, we were looking at 50% mt miles, you can't make any money doing that. I wish corperate would use 8xxx,9xxx,533xxx,534xxxx trls on the rail and leave the GOOD trailers for the rest of us to run the road with. The rail companies are very harsh on our trailers and do not admitt to ANY damage they may do to our equipment.

If it helps us make MONEY,which in turn leads to a PAY RAISE,,,,, GOOD DEAL!
Someone is making money but if a raise is ever mentioned.....the issue of fuel cost, slow economy etc will come up, everything is raising but our pay, how can the economy improve if the working class has less money to spend? I guess it's part of the rich getting richer and poor getting poorer that we always hear....

Please don't forget rnsgn that it costs a fortune to pretend like your company is "going green". No green for the employees though.