Averitt fatality...

Iceman

Company Man
Credits
Alabama Man, as I called him, lost his life in truck accident Thursday morning on I-85 NB in SC . He was a near 20 year veteran Shuttle driver that ran out of our Charlotte terminal. His last route was Charlotte to West Atlanta. He had planned on hanging up his trucking shoes next year. I have no details on the accident. Anybody that knew Don will never forget his personality and how he never met a stranger.

Alabama Man, as I called him, lost his life in truck accident Thursday morning on I-85 NB in SC . He was a near 20 year veteran Shuttle driver that ran out of our Charlotte terminal. His last route was Charlotte to West Atlanta. He had planned on hanging up his trucking shoes next year. I have no details on the accident. Anybody that knew Don will never forget his personality and how he never met a stranger.

That is really sad. I know thursday the police was making everybody get off on hwy 29 at the 106 exit in South carolina. I went around and did not see the accident but people comming south said it was bad.

I ran with ''Bama" for a short time several years ago, when he bid a Knoxville run. What a character he was! Sure do hate to here this. I was told he rearended a flatbed that had just come out of the rest area. His voice over the cb will definately be missed between Charlotte and Atlanta.