Holland | Bail now & collect what you can or wait & get less ??

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
Bail Now & collect what you can or wait and get less next year ?? The choices seems to have alot of guys overthinking it ?, Good Luck to all retirees on your choices . really sad that the union let this fund get so underfunded , so much for taking care of its members ?? :emoticon digging:

Bail Now & collect what you can or wait and get less next year ?? The choices seems to have alot of guys overthinking it ?, Good Luck to all retirees on your choices . really sad that the union let this fund get so underfunded , so much for taking care of its members ?? :emoticon digging:
When do you leave?

It was government controlled! Not that the Nunuion couldn't have done a better job of ****ing it up! You can thank Wall Street for a lot of this mess......

It was government controlled! Not that the Nunuion couldn't have done a better job of :censored: it up! You can thank Wall Street for a lot of this mess......
Yes government controlled to a point , BUT was it the government idea to let UPS out of fund ? or the 25 & out a few years back ? or not paying attention when all these past companies were going under ? it's is just seems that the funds management could have did a better job than they did ??

Last edited:
Thinking if I still was at a younger age I would be leaving to be treated better , plus newer equipment, new life, etc... YRC continues to hurt a bunch of old timers working for them and they, caused this problem, old and tired just like their equipment.

Don't know yet ?? , maybe Dec 1st or waiting & getting the Holiday pay & sick days after the 1st ?? that sounds like what most guys are going to do . When are you planning on bailing ??
2 and a half years. And I will bet a paycheck that you will still be here.

Honestly if any of you guys have decent options around you.....I would(and did) leave. You will feel alot better without the Yrc black cloud hanging over your head. If you got a clean cdl then there are alot of decent places to go to. Good luck.
Where did you go, how did it work out?

I had to bail out a few months ago. Still pretty young compared to most of the fellas at holland (that I learned a lot from and miss working with). I have around 40 more years to work and I've come to terms with the fact that there is going to be zero pension left by then there is no 401k match here. Job for job it has it's parts that are better suited for me than holland then it's got it's fair share of things that I do not like at all. At the end of the day though I got a new truck to drive, (shops at most terminals to actually fix it should it have a problem). I got a small cpm raise walking in the door, with many raises due including a cost of living raise coming soon, a 401k match and plan, and my insurance dues (health dental vision life short term disability etc) I have to make weekly cost me around 1/10th of my "Equitycred" I used to pay at holland every week. It is however still trucking and still a freight company so it's no perfect solution and it has it's faults as well, just in different areas. I don't have the union rules and procedures, I don't get clock time at the motel or even to wait at the terminal, and that I greatly miss and will always miss. Now freight is slow everywhere and instead of being halfway up the board or so, I'm bottom guy. Right now at this moment I don't think would be a wise time to leave a any steady freight job to go to the bottom of anyone's board.

It was government controlled! Not that the Nunuion couldn't have done a better job of :censored: it up! You can thank Wall Street for a lot of this mess......
I'd like to see the adjustments that the Union or pension fund has made over the last 10 years or so to correct the underfunding of the pensions funds. They've shown the problem for nearly a decade, and have done nothing to fix it.
The answer is pretty simple........nothing. They did nothing to correct the problem.

I'd like to see the adjustments that the Union or pension fund has made over the last 10 years or so to correct the underfunding of the pensions funds. They've shown the problem for nearly a decade, and have done nothing to fix it.
The answer is pretty simple........nothing. They did nothing to correct the problem.

Which means that they should be held TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE for this, and the multiple pensions and perks should be recouped, from these fraudsters by ANY MEANS POSSIBLE, up to and including having their heads removed and mounted on very sharp sticks and planted in the front lawn of 25 Louisiana St NW, for the public to see.Work all these years, get the crap beat out of ya, just to have these fat bastards be able to laugh at you and retire with LUXURY on YOUR DIMES. I say "Kill 'em all and let GOD sort the mess out". BTW, while we're there, we might as well just go down the street and around the corner to Pennsylvania Avenue and do the American public a favor also. Just sayin' Now that the mutual BS is done with, Want to STOP this CRAP in it's tracks?? TAKE A WITHDRAWAL CARD. Next meeting, at your local hall, take a withdrawal card while the meeting is in progress. Stand up, get recognized and ask for your card. This will send the MOST DIRECT and CLEAR MESSAGE directly to these vermin. NO MORE MONEY. It won't take long before they'll be asking "What can we do for you, Mister So & So".. Think about it.....

I feel your anger bfalls, I feel the same way.

But from what I've seen over the last decade, the Teamsters Freight Division doesn't give a rat's ass what us members think. They've put organizing the burger flippers way ahead of the truck drivers when it comes to importance.

I am not saying it was right, but I think their hands were tied by government regulations. I know they talked about the problem as early as 1999 and really showed major concern in 2004, but the law said they could not adjust payments in anyway. At least that's the way I understand it.

Which means that they should be held TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE for this, and the multiple pensions and perks should be recouped, from these fraudsters by ANY MEANS POSSIBLE, up to and including having their heads removed and mounted on very sharp sticks and planted in the front lawn of 25 Louisiana St NW, for the public to see.Work all these years, get the crap beat out of ya, just to have these fat bastards be able to laugh at you and retire with LUXURY on YOUR DIMES. I say "Kill 'em all and let GOD sort the mess out". BTW, while we're there, we might as well just go down the street and around the corner to Pennsylvania Avenue and do the American public a favor also. Just sayin' Now that the mutual BS is done with, Want to STOP this CRAP in it's tracks?? TAKE A WITHDRAWAL CARD. Next meeting, at your local hall, take a withdrawal card while the meeting is in progress. Stand up, get recognized and ask for your card. This will send the MOST DIRECT and CLEAR MESSAGE directly to these vermin. NO MORE MONEY. It won't take long before they'll be asking "What can we do for you, Mister So & So".. Think about it.....
What percent of the guys do you think you could get to join you two maybe three percent?

This has been my message for months. What are you paying for. Hoffa and all in his command to continue to get their large pay checks. Stop paying dues and get their attention.

This has been my message for months. What are you paying for. Hoffa and all in his command to continue to get their large pay checks. Stop paying dues and get their attention.
Maybe that is what they are hoping then they can just represent people like motel maids and cab drivers that don't ask so many hard questions and are just happy to make more than two dollars and hour.

I had to bail out a few months ago. Still pretty young compared to most of the fellas at holland (that I learned a lot from and miss working with). I have around 40 more years to work and I've come to terms with the fact that there is going to be zero pension left by then there is no 401k match here. Job for job it has it's parts that are better suited for me than holland then it's got it's fair share of things that I do not like at all. At the end of the day though I got a new truck to drive, (shops at most terminals to actually fix it should it have a problem). I got a small cpm raise walking in the door, with many raises due including a cost of living raise coming soon, a 401k match and plan, and my insurance dues (health dental vision life short term disability etc) I have to make weekly cost me around 1/10th of my "Equitycred" I used to pay at holland every week. It is however still trucking and still a freight company so it's no perfect solution and it has it's faults as well, just in different areas. I don't have the union rules and procedures, I don't get clock time at the motel or even to wait at the terminal, and that I greatly miss and will always miss. Now freight is slow everywhere and instead of being halfway up the board or so, I'm bottom guy. Right now at this moment I don't think would be a wise time to leave a any steady freight job to go to the bottom of anyone's board.
No union rules and procedures? Oh & don't forget they can fire you for any reason to.