Yellow | Bancruptcy On The Horizon

I got laid off of my Teamster job during the recession of 1974. Unemploment was much higher then and things turned around. But the media wasn't out trying to scare the sh** out of everyone then. In other words this is not the great depression. Maybe it will get worse, I'm no seer. But things aren't as bad as these morons are making it out to be. They are so out of touch they didn't even see this coming when all the signs were there two years ago. And now they don't report the truth about where we are because they don't try and find the truth. They just like to scare you because it gets you to listen to them. It is self-serving.
Thanks!!:bowdown:

We will all weather this economic storm and prosper when it passes. The business cycle alternates up and down-always has and always will! All we can do as individuals is walk with our head up and give 100% every day. Keep the negativity to a minimum-it doesn't do anybody any good. Never underestimate the power of a positive mental attitude! For those of you who can't comprehend the previous sentence, I feel sorry for you. Part of being a Teamster is helping others when they are struggling. Have you helped anyone recently? I'm not talking about $ help either!

stay positive

I think that they are getting all of the support that they should need to survive. Let's give it some time here. These next few months are critical. All we can do is give them "a fair days work for a fair days pay", and if that isn't enough, I guess they have failed....not us!

Word round the campfire is the boys and girls in Denver sucked it up and got the job done! The first week of integration didn't go as smoothly as hoped. Computer problems, bad weather, you name it. They are getting the bugs worked out and the freight seems to be moving in an effecient manner now.

Word round the campfire is the boys and girls in Denver sucked it up and got the job done! The first week of integration didn't go as smoothly as hoped. Computer problems, bad weather, you name it. They are getting the bugs worked out and the freight seems to be moving in an effecient manner now.

EXCELLENT! Good news for once.

I would give up any future rights to draw a pension from central states if 10-20% of the money that has been paid into the pension in my name was used to purchase the distressed debt on YRC.
They have currently 1.4 billion in debt, and much of this debt could be purchased at significant discount (over 50%) because the banks don't think they can get home on this debt.
This debt would act essentially as a bond and I would recieve interest on the principle until its maturity date when I turn sixty years old.
The other very important issue goes to the 13k withheld in my name that goes to the pension. Since I don't get to recieve future pension funds, I should be able to get 3k while the other 10k would go into the fund until the current contract expires in 4 years.
At that point, Multiemployer pension is closed. The remaining partipants get what they get from what is in the plan based on a fair mathmatical formula.
A small legacy fee could be attached to all future contracts that would continue to contribute to the pension fund but the amount would have to be very small, like 1k.
The best thing about this would be the ability of the teamsters to finally go out and organize because the withdrawl liability excuse would be eliminated.

I pray

I been trying my best, every-time someone starts this bankruptcy stuff, TO BE COOL,
"cool it guys"

THINK POSITIVE FOR A CHANGE

Negativity breeds Negativity
Now that post about -Traffic World Online - Trucking, the analyst says "SOME FORM of Bankruptcy"

I beleive it will be "REORGIZATIONAL"

I CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF ME, SEE THE BANKS NOT HELPING YRCW ON THIS

ALL WE CAN DO, IS STAY POSTIVE AND
PRAY FOR A FAVORABLE
RESPONSE

Have you ever Prayed for something you really want and need, the power of prayer is awesome, pray together, beleive!

We all are in this together, we all are threatened by this, we feel used, Angry, Confused, so we worry, and we feel troubled because we need Knowledge, because of the misunderstandings we feel separation and have doubts, because we feel we can't do anymore than we have already done to this point, we need to stand strong with each as friends and co-workers, seeking guidance though the power of prayers!

We'll "ALL" get though this, have faith!

It's NOT Hopeless, never give up Hope!

"Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed." I Timothy 6:1

"For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward."
I Timothy 5:18

That's my .2c and nothing more:smilie_132:
I pray. The question is...Does Bill Zollars?:bowdown:

Yep

Ok, really! Give it a rest! We have all already given. We all want to see the company succeed and so do the banks. Regardless of any rhetoric others spew on here, the leadership is trying to do what they can to keep us moving forward. So if folks dont have anything concrete about our finances or future please stop posting stuff like this. What are you trying to do...keep everyone on edge?:wtflol:
The leadership is trying but in the meantime they have made sure they will receive thier severance bonuses (just in case).:popcorn:

JB got you that turned around?

I am laid off from Yellow and now struggling with J.B. Hunt. When large carriers struggle it tells you one thing. THE ECONOMY IS BAD. J.B. Hunt is also struggling to find freight to keep drivers moving. They are not hiring as I speak for some major dedicated runs. I run Dedicated for PPG and they are hurting too. This blame for YRC's problems is just many people trying to justify their own problems. Con-Way, Fed-Ex and every major carrier is scrambiling for any freight they can get just to pay the bills. All this negativity only breads more negativity. Just be realistic for a minute and think about what is going on in this economy. My miles here at J.B. went from 2100 a week to 800 a week. I and thousand others are all struggiling. Bill collectors are calling me three or four times a day for $$$$ that I do not have. I am trying to stay focused, but all I ever hear is the same guys complain about the same old thing about how its this guys fault and this guys fault. I would love to see you haters put in Bills position and see what better you can do. Just be thankful right now that you have a job and you are bringing in some money other then the people who are not and worried where the next check is coming from.
Are you paying your dues?:popcorn: