Yellow | Bankrupt trucking company Yellow eyes October sale of vehicle fleet

20230907_104940.md.jpeg what happens to spotted equipment like this ? Think Hawkins told them to keep it ?🤣
In the past the companies just kept the trailers of companies that went bankrupt , as nobody cares , know of a few Spartan pup trailers still siting at a big lumber yard & they just use em for storage

20230907_104940.md.jpeg what happens to spotted equipment like this ? Think Hawkins told them to keep it ?🤣
That needs to be retrieved. Call Customer Service with the location. Before you even say it: Yes, it p*sses me off too that they kicked us all out before this process was completed. But that notwithstanding, it is in our best interest to have every possible asset sold and the money collected to pay creditors, which is what we now are.

Before you even say it: Yes, it p*sses me off too that they kicked us all out before this process was completed. But that notwithstanding, it is in our best interest to have every possible asset sold and the money collected to pay creditors, which is what we now are.
They had to in order to protect the value of the assets as much as possible. Can you imagine how much less all that equipment would be worth today if some of these folks were allowed to continue to operate it over the last 6 weeks?

They had to in order to protect the value of the assets as much as possible. Can you imagine how much less all that equipment would be worth today if some of these folks were allowed to continue to operate it over the last 6 weeks?
Less, yes. Substantially less? No so sure about that.

Less, yes. Substantially less? No so sure about that.
You have more faith in the average disgruntled Teamster's ability to properly care for equipment belonging to the company they feel screwed them. Maybe you were too busy minding your own business with your head down working to see what others were up to.

You have more faith in the average disgruntled Teamster's ability to properly care for equipment belonging to the company they feel screwed them. Maybe you were too busy minding your own business with your head down working to see what others were up to.
That is likely very true, except for the "head down". I was once asked by a VERY senior executive at this company "how's your peoples' work?" My response: "I don't have any idea. I'm really busy taking care of business; I don't have time to watch them". He liked that answer a lot!

Estes will probably buy some of the crap up like they did with Central. Wish they wouldnt buy junk, but thats one way the multi billionaires save money. Some of that Central stuff is bottom of the barrell crap. They got yard hostlers using some of the tractors because they are not road worthy and you have to remove your mud flaps on their pups because the landing gear is to close to them and will rip them off when you turn.
Hell if we buy the newer YRC tractors that won’t be a problem because a lot of their equipment is single axle… lots of single axle Volvos and Petes in our future??

Just some missing mirrors, but heck, I haven’t had many of those in the last 30 years. I never change lanes.
The missing mirrors is repairable. What worries me is the clogged DPF canisters that need replacement at $1,500-2,000 each, the ECM problems that have an unknown cost, the "check engnie" lights that need diagnosis and correction of condition, etc. etc. I looked at used tractor prices tonight. After doing so, I will be surprised if they can get more than a few thousand for the city units, and maybe not even that much. My tractor needed repairs that were around $4,500 that they wouldn't take care of. It was drivable, but it had problems.

I
Who is in charge of hiring drivers capable of moving equipment? I know my old terminal has moved trucks & trailers around more than once. Going to old customer docks isn't included?
Was told yesterday that by one of our city drivers that we are going over to Yellow in Nashville and picking up 10-15 shipments a day out of there.

The missing mirrors is repairable. What worries me is the clogged DPF canisters that need replacement at $1,500-2,000 each, the ECM problems that have an unknown cost, the "check engnie" lights that need diagnosis and correction of condition, etc. etc. I looked at used tractor prices tonight. After doing so, I will be surprised if they can get more than a few thousand for the city units, and maybe not even that much. My tractor needed repairs that were around $4,500 that they wouldn't take care of. It was drivable, but it had problems.
Any fleet manager that is responsible for bidding on this equipment, and not recognizing the potential problems, and not adjusting their bid accordingly, deserves what they get.

Yeah ok.....I would never do something like that myself, but I'm willing to bet there are many non union guys that would do that as "disgruntled employees"...

Yeah ok.....I would never do something like that myself, but I'm willing to bet there are many non union guys that would do that as "disgruntled employees"...
Not too sure about that as non union carriers do not go out of business as does every teamster LTL carrier (sans two)
But if it did happen, you may be correct???