FedEx Freight | Be extra cautious now-day's

Union drivers don't lay down

LOL, over the years Ive seen literally dozens of your so called professionals in the ditch. Nobody's immune.:bowdown:

there was more than 1 driver given a 3 year driving suspension for a severe accident lately. comments and speculation are directed at different drivers.I also know of nobody that read that policy change posted last summer

I don't know fedex safety regs. or driver exspectations for drivers.but my moto is if it's snows I don't go.they call me snowflake in cincy this time of year

oh yea they call and tell you to go you will go or you are refusing to work and that will
get you fired. you have to make an attempt to go and if you cant make it you call and
tell them that but being that you made that attempt and could not make it they will tell
you to get a room vause if you cant go forward then you cant go backwards and this means
if you only a mile down the road from where you left.

Just remembered this. There was a female driver for an OTR company that refused to go through Donners Pass in a snow storm. They fired her she sued and got her job back. Because DOT says you can't force or punish a driver for not driving in adverse conditions. Ill look to see if I can find the link to it. I know it was on the old board.

Guardrail, just from that name I can't help thinking you are a manager, are you here to guard the site from any truth to be told? maybe a troll? let me just say if you think you are making a good living from MR. nice guy Fred Smith then I wonder what you would think of over time after 8 hours and not 40? and a pension so you can retire and enjoy life a little instead of driving for MR. nice guy until you die behind the wheel and just for the record Teamsters never lay down.....

Those of us who've been around for any length of time know pretty well that Guardrail is a FXNL driver. However, I do understand the tendancy of you and yours to immediately label anyone who doesn't grow horseheads in their front yard as a manager, or management shill.

oaf

If I recall correctly (always a possibility I'm not) we had a preshift a few months back where they said they were taking a harder line on roll overs.

oaf

preshift .. whats a preshift
I see at your hub, notices are tacked on the door glass all the time ..... mandatory be there type ....
never happens at my yard

Those of us who've been around for any length of time know pretty well that Guardrail is a FXNL driver. However, I do understand the tendancy of you and yours to immediately label anyone who doesn't grow horseheads in their front yard as a manager, or management shill.

oaf

I'm glad you set him straight, I couldn't stop Laughing long enough to do it myself....Guardrail a Manager....:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::6799:

Guardrail, just from that name I can't help thinking you are a manager, are you here to guard the site from any truth to be told? maybe a troll? let me just say if you think you are making a good living from MR. nice guy Fred Smith then I wonder what you would think of over time after 8 hours and not 40? and a pension so you can retire and enjoy life a little instead of driving for MR. nice guy until you die behind the wheel and just for the record Teamsters never lay down.....

I'll give you credit for one thing, you sure can say a lot of wrong stuff in a short post!

(Teamsterjoe doesn't even know what he is talking about for one.)

Secondly let remind him of this...

Rule #9

9) Users may not publicly argue with a moderators decision. Any and/or all complaints directed towards the moderators decision must first be addressed to the moderator in question, via PM. If the problem can not be resolved, the moderator and member must send their disputes to the forum admin. The forum admin will have final decision and make appropriate changes if deemed necessary.

(Teamsterjoe doesn't even know what he is talking about for one.)

Yeah...That is rather obvious...and obviously knows nothing about FXFE.

But these posts are somewhat typical of those wanting to attack someone in the employ of a company doing better than their own.

It has happened before...and will happen again...perhaps trying to gain some sense of personal satisfaction and/or justification for poor choices of decisions past...or just looking to place the blame in places other than where they belong.

Rather sad actually.

Rat

oh yea they call and tell you to go you will go or you are refusing to work and that will
get you fired. you have to make an attempt to go and if you cant make it you call and
tell them that but being that you made that attempt and could not make it they will tell
you to get a room vause if you cant go forward then you cant go backwards and this means
if you only a mile down the road from where you left.
I hope your not freight,we have had this problem at natl. in cincy,(still do in this matter)with unproffesional drivers trying to be hero's or just affraid to stand up for themselves.Seems that fellers can't understand the ovious,fedex freight or past natl. does'nt pay you to shut down because they care about you only,they want you to shut down to protect you, equipment, freight and public.not to mention the least,it cost a whole lot less to pay a driver a few hours delay than to pull you at of the ditch.I caled in this morning an took a point,I'm sitting at home watching it snow,I'll let you heros move my freight.I'll wave as I pass you in the ditch tomorrow.maybe I have let the cat out of the bag,but that is what has keep me with such a good driveing record for 31 years now!

My barn had a driver lay over his rear box last month, it was deemed his fault, DOT reportable, PREVENTABLE. He was hot dogging it racing another driver to a freeway on ramp and layed his rear box over. He has a clean record with the company, but he is still driving, now going to be #5 on the road board. Conditions were dry roads. It's Southern California so we do not get ice down here in the low lands, if we do it's some sort of freak thing.
The new FedEx motto should be:
Roll a trailer, get promoted! Roll a trailer, keep your job!!!

My understanding of the incident was he passed another shuttle driver on the inside. BTW, the ramp is posted at 25 mph which is for cars, so it's a 12 mph speed for trucks. The back box went up the curb, supposedly took out a light pole and the rear box went over. Rumor is there was Haz Mat in the rear box, but the trailer was not placarded.

This driver is also known by all the other drivers as an "aggressive driver" meaning we always see him driving fast inside the yard, pulling out the gate like a bat out of hell, and speeding while on the road and driving aggressively.

I don't understand what the big hurry is when you're on the clock. Must be good at this>:butt kiss:

So, this tells you there is a serious problem within the FedEx system with the way management handles things. Favoritism is my first guess, as this driver has been with the company for about 15 years starting out as a dock worker with Watkins and now a City driver for about 2 years doing local hub shuttles at night and transferring to road once we become FXF in January.

And yeah, I'm out of SBC.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean like the pension that Teamster union can no longer pay out. I've never been union and will retire in 12 years at age 59 with two pension and two 401k's plus my IRA and several CD's. My Uncle Mike is a teamster who was forced into retirement by all these layoff at Yellow with about $800 a month in pension benefits. Ain't the union wonderful.

I'll try to get it back on topic...

I think FedEx is more lenient on rollovers than Watkin's was. A rollover with Watkins most likely disqualified you automatically. FedEx considers the incident individually and places a lot of weight on it a citation was issued. I cannot stress this one enough if you are in an accident, any citations are exponential in your job security. I watched a guy a couple of weeks ago not see a car and turn in front of it, had he been cited it would have been bad news but since no citation was issued he just needs to keep his nose clean.

In regards to the driver that flipped the box, how many of you were there? I'll be the first to say he was in the wrong but this is also a driver with now less than two years experience on a 80 mile a night run that was promoted from dock worker. How come if you see him doing unsafe things you don't try to educate him and impart some of your experience upon him and the others. I don't doubt the "racing" but it takes two to race, in some ways that other driver is just a little bit responsible too.

I also think the mods need to edit some of the info in this thread as it can identify the person with ease and come back to bite him potentially.