Yellow | Becoming Employee Owned

David Mc

TB Lurker
Credits
This an idea some of us at Holland Kansas City have been kicking around.

The benefits we see are:

>>> The company comes off of the stock market and participating in what I call the "More Money Economy"

In the More Money system a company that creates 20 million in profits is obligated to create perhaps 25 million as to increase the value of the investment.
That's a system for profitable times, but in a poor economy we suffer.

In an investor free environment that same company could operate at a 5 million dollar drop in profits and still keep 15 million to reinvest in it's own future.
There is no need to put employees out of work to satisfy the want of investors
in troubled times.

>>> By becoming stand alone companies (and YRC could break up into regionals)
the power of one company (YRCW) in negotiations is either diminished or destroyed.
The pension fund becomes diversified and less reliant on a single entity or global profit.

>>> The employees have greater say in the operations of the business.
At Holland, it seems that the drop in production occurred when YRCW instituted the program of Load Factors and sacrificed service to satisfy that program.
When you work in an industry
where service is your only product this has been devastating.
Kansas City Holland lost several accounts due to service failures.

>>> We feel that because we are in control of the concessions being made, that the current 15% reduction is enough to fund a buy out. We can take that "give away" (that offers no promise of YRCW's managing a success) and convert it into an investment in ourselves.

>>> By remaining Union and using the Union to monitor our company, we should be able to avoid the pension liability.

None of us are masters of finance and business, but the opportunity seems to be available to us to buy out away from Yellow's management.

The questions come in the procedures and the people needed to contact in order to form the structure.
How is the CEO and Board of Directors established?
What are the financial liabilities beyond the loan?

Anybody with any thoughts or knowledge?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please send the rest of us some of that Sh&^,you are smoking.Must be some good stuff.

images
why_so_serious_2.jpg

Lets see, the pos stock is worth about 175 million and falling, you've already bought the pos who knows how many times over with the BILLIONS in givebacks. And you want to poor more money down the rathole, not a good idea. What about the billion+ in debt, the old debilitated equipment thats falling apart. Properties all sold and leased back. Customer base about 60% gone.
It may have worked 4-5 years ago but its fallen off the cliff now and everyone is just waiting for it to hit bottom.
Don't blame the pos company for all this, its their job to screw you, blame the onion for not organizing anyone in the last 50 years along with their pi$$ poor management of the funds. PS: Well, they did organize all their retirements and benefits like topshelf wall street investors, all at the members wallets expense.

If you go to Job Search | one search. all jobs. Indeed.com and type in teamster you will see that most of the growth in unionized labor that I can see is medical. Tons of medical jobs open for the teamster. The only problem is you need to be an RN or a LVN or have some other technical degree. I think the Union has moved on from trucking.

I still wonder what would happen if everyone simply contributed 5% of their salary voluntarily to the company ESPP(employee stock purchase plan).

Nice short sights.
This isn't about trying to buy the whole pig in one sale.
Deflated stock prices just make it more affordable. The company's value is deflated.

And no, I'm not that dingo mind who has become famous across the land.
That's the guy who takes romantic weekends to camp out in front of YRC in Overland Park.

I see I've addressed the wrong braintrust.
You guys just go ahead and let your futures ride in Yellow's lap.

Some of us want to break away.

Problem is first you have to buy it from YRC, seeing how it making some money for them the price tag will be too high to make it pay if the banks will even let them sell it off. You would probably be better off just buying what they're selling off and make a fresh start.

Imagine it's 2004, now ask yourself which is the crazier idea – our concession package, or the idea presented by David Mc.

:1904:
Nice short sights.
This isn't about trying to buy the whole pig in one sale.
Deflated stock prices just make it more affordable. The company's value is deflated.

And no, I'm not that dingo mind who has become famous across the land.
That's the guy who takes romantic weekends to camp out in front of YRC in Overland Park.

I see I've addressed the wrong braintrust.
You guys just go ahead and let your futures ride in Yellow's lap.

Some of us want to break away.
Holland is doomed just like the rrest of the companies that are in YRCW. Get used to it.:1904:

If you go to Job Search | one search. all jobs. Indeed.com and type in teamster you will see that most of the growth in unionized labor that I can see is medical. Tons of medical jobs open for the teamster. The only problem is you need to be an RN or a LVN or have some other technical degree. I think the Union has moved on from trucking.

I still wonder what would happen if everyone simply contributed 5% of their salary voluntarily to the company ESPP(employee stock purchase plan).

Ive thought the same thing. I started doing $5 a week a few months ago. How could we promote this idea and get more people onboard ?

How about if the Teamsters just use the money to start their own trucking company,and hire all of the YRC guys as drivers,supers,etc?100 percent union owned and operated.Again.The union is not stupid.

How about if the Teamsters just use the money to start their own trucking company,and hire all of the YRC guys as drivers,supers,etc?100 percent union owned and operated.Again.The union is not stupid.
I like this idea the best. Because if we were all Union (employees and management) we would all be pulling in the same direction. Currently, everyone is pulling in opposite directions, which leads to failure. Most people would not be willing to invest another cent into this company, then sit and watch the current management **** it all away.

if yrcw could get what they paid for usf(plus a little interest) im sure they would sell it.... show zollars the money!!!! i hope you,re not coming up with these dumb ideals on company time ...quit day dreaming and get back to work!!

would have to send out a mass email or regular mail to all employes to get them to think. just need someone to get that done and everyone will start talking....