Yellow | Best contract ever!!!!!!

Yeah, and I'm sure you are going to remind us all that the company is doing fine, right? I heard all the predictions about how the company was doing fine and it was all a contract ploy that they were not bad off. Go ahead and tell us how we could have turned it down and still come out OK.

Hoffa got his $77K raise......best contract in his head anyway......I would have liked to see some language other than everything being "subject to the grievance procedure." The Company is doing whatever it wants, whenever it wants and to be quite honest, as long as I still have a job, I'm caring less and less. Maintain the equiptment so my wheels dont fall off, throw me my bills and I'll get on down the road.....

Hoffa got his $77K raise......best contract in his head anyway......I would have liked to see some language other than everything being "subject to the grievance procedure." The Company is doing whatever it wants, whenever it wants and to be quite honest, as long as I still have a job, I'm caring less and less. Maintain the equiptment so my wheels dont fall off, throw me my bills and I'll get on down the road.....

Ditto, I cowboy'd up when the vote went down. Just let me keep my job and keep me working. I'm caring less n less also. I see the path we are on and just want to build a nest egg for the transition.

I agree with both of you, as hard as that seems. I know that it looks like most of this company is doing the same thing, even management. Waiting for the doors to close. It's definitely a sad place to work right now.

We all better hope that the company does not go down. As the company goes so goes your pension. I am laid off and don't expect to get back to work for years if at all. But I do have 23 years in and would like to get my pension. And if YRC goes down we wont have a pension. So you all better keep your fingers crossed that they make it.

We all better hope that the company does not go down. As the company goes so goes your pension. I am laid off and don't expect to get back to work for years if at all. But I do have 23 years in and would like to get my pension. And if YRC goes down we wont have a pension. So you all better keep your fingers crossed that they make it.
I am at peer 84 in the Western Conference Pension Fund. I asked the pension fund representative a couple of months ago, what would happen to my pension if YRC goes out of business? He said I would still have my pension but I may loose my fund provided health care.

I've found in alot of things people will tell you what you want to hear, but in the end (and I'm not saying it is) you cant cash his promise.

This was the best contract ever for the company -but the worst in my 35 years as a teamster .And if anyone says different they are either brain washed , company or union kiss asses.I been through slow times .I have seen yellow file chapter 11 back in the 70's.When the times get tough the tough can't give up or you lose.It is a shame that management thinks they know it all .They need to listen to people that have been doing the job right for 30 years and not the suck up's!!!{ who are always in the back office}GRAVY TRAINERS

That was a classic "Chicago Roadway" we all been singing it on the dock especially if a Yellow guy bumps our dock....... sky of blue and sea of green :gathering::biglaugh:

Silverstreak, we all feel for you. There are going to be more when these two large Companies merge together. I am thinking about 25-33% will never come back depending on home many retire over the next 15 months. The Company is in sh*& and the Country is in sh$%. Hoffa has sold out to UPS for saving his a$$ and we will be the worst for it.

Silverstreak, we all feel for you. There are going to be more when these two large Companies merge together. I am thinking about 25-33% will never come back depending on home many retire over the next 15 months. The Company is in sh*& and the Country is in sh$%. Hoffa has sold out to UPS for saving his a$$ and we will be the worst for it.

TM Ed M. at LCP just told a couple guys that are now on layoff that he doubts they will ever be called back at LCP. They called him to find out what the outlook is looking like since they've been off for a while now without hearing anything. Anyhow, I believe you are onto something there...

It's like this.....the negotiations team knew full well last year that YRC was in deep financial woes due to paying WAY too much for the USF group. That, and the economy, which was bad then and much worse now, was the reason for the language in the NMFA. The negotiators had the foresight to help YRC become more competitive and thus remain viable. The down economy has almost killed the plan. Had the NMFA not been pushed the way it was we might be gone now. Like it or not this is the situation.

This isn't the 70's, 80's, 90's or even the earlier 00's.

You are correct sir. I beleive Billy Joel sang about," these jobs are going boys and there not coming back...."Yes it was a bad contract but it was the best bad decision that could have been made. I have 24 years in and trying to make it to the finish line, if YRC goes down, how many options to me and the others have to finish out? UPS now has an LTL carrier but many here at my terminal have a poor accident record or injury history and because of the deal they cut with OSHA will not being hiring those guys. ABF and the others how many could they absorb, not many? We had better hope and do what we have to keep this big ship afloat. We are going to have to swallow our pride and move forward at least until something changes fo the much better.

Help's on the way!

I dont know what everybody's so worried about. Come Jan 20th the great one will assend the throne of the US of A. Its going to be big rock candy mountain for all. Matter of fact I'm kinda looking forward to it. The way I see it when the great one gets in and takes from the haves and gives it to the too sorry to work for-its that will be the death nail for yrc and our jobs. Then I'm gonna have my turn at living off the government with free health care and welfare. Gas is going back to 1 dollar a gallon, there will be peace and prosperity for all because the great one will go and talk to all our enemys and they will promise to not attack us anymore. So take courage everyone help is on the way. Buuuuuuuut on the other hand the last guy that raised taxes during a recession was Herbert Hoover and we all know what happened after that. T-H-E G-R-E-A-T D-E-P-R-E-S-S-I-O-N

I dont know what everybody's so worried about. Come Jan 20th the great one will assend the throne of the US of A. Its going to be big rock candy mountain for all. Matter of fact I'm kinda looking forward to it. The way I see it when the great one gets in and takes from the haves and gives it to the too sorry to work for-its that will be the death nail for yrc and our jobs. Then I'm gonna have my turn at living off the government with free health care and welfare. Gas is going back to 1 dollar a gallon, there will be peace and prosperity for all because the great one will go and talk to all our enemys and they will promise to not attack us anymore. So take courage everyone help is on the way. Buuuuuuuut on the other hand the last guy that raised taxes during a recession was Herbert Hoover and we all know what happened after that. T-H-E G-R-E-A-T D-E-P-R-E-S-S-I-O-N

You are so very right.

It's like this.....the negotiations team knew full well last year that YRC was in deep financial woes due to paying WAY too much for the USF group. That, and the economy, which was bad then and much worse now, was the reason for the language in the NMFA. The negotiators had the foresight to help YRC become more competitive and thus remain viable. The down economy has almost killed the plan. Had the NMFA not been pushed the way it was we might be gone now. Like it or not this is the situation.

This isn't the 70's, 80's, 90's or even the earlier 00's.
You may be 100% right about how all this plays out. Forsight would not be the word I would use tho. :shrug: