FedEx Freight | Best place to work!

After seeing land air shutting down cause of **** poor management, the so called competitions low wages, and our gpd go up, I'd say FedEx is by far the best place to work for! Granted the insurance could be a little better, but it isn't the worst. Thanks FedEx! I'll be here for life!

Life? Good Lord man! Putting it that way does kinda make me feel like I'm serving time....No aspirations? No dreams of becoming better? Well, I guess if your pretty old, then these sentiments are understandable, but I for one hope life brings me something a bit better than a trucking job for "Life". But then again, I've been telling myself this line for 20 years and yet here I am : (

After seeing land air shutting down cause of **** poor management, the so called competitions low wages, and our gpd go up, I'd say FedEx is by far the best place to work for! Granted the insurance could be a little better, but it isn't the worst. Thanks FedEx! I'll be here for life!
Who is this "so called" low wage competition? Certainly not Conway, Old Dominion, or our most fierce (unnamed) competitor... The determining factor, Jaydelay, seems to be Location, Location, Location... Congrats on being at the right location.

I think it's pretty good when you consider the whole package. My opinion has changed since I work at one of the terminals that got an increase to catch our wages up. I was happy to see Bill Logue go too.

You do mention 2 key factors that must be considered a "win" for many. Not all, but quite a few. :clapping:

:hilarious: you must be new. Better look at why they increased your centers gpd.

Who is this "so called" low wage competition? Certainly not Conway, Old Dominion, or our most fierce (unnamed) competitor... The determining factor, Jaydelay, seems to be Location, Location, Location... Congrats on being at the right location.

The only determining factor is if we can be replaced as far as gpd goes.

I have worked for both union and non union companies before Viking. In 1977 I went to work for Viking Freight at our only L.A. terminal in Los Alamitos. I believe we had 23 doors. In 2011 with the merger of two FXF'S I was offered and received a years severance pay to retire. One month after that I received my first pension check. I Always drove good equipment except for that time we bought some of System 99 equipment when they went out of business. Now I understand why some union drivers are a bit grumpy. With my pension, 401K, and SS I'm living comfortably in those "Golden Years". The big push to go union has been going on since I went to work for Viking Fright, although the current attempt has made bigger inroads than the past attempts. For those of you who are on the front lines now, I hope you can be as lucky as I was when you retire. Happy Trails my friends. TP

Just saw my bonus amount. 254.00 . Far cry from last year, but oh well. In case u guys didn't know, just check the bottom right corner from last weeks pay stub and it'll show your bonus amount that'll you'll be receiving

Just saw my bonus amount. 254.00 . Far cry from last year, but oh well. In case u guys didn't know, just check the bottom right corner from last weeks pay stub and it'll show your bonus amount that'll you'll be receiving
That amount is for the first 6 months, add your next bonus in June to this one and you'll have a total "years" bonus which should be more comparable to last "year's" bonus.

As a 40 year veteran of the trucking industry there are no guarantees for any company for life .There is only wishful thinking ,save your money.

I'm not seeing it on my check stub. Not last week or this week. Something seems a little off too, that amount doesn't seem right for the stated pay out amount. Certainly sounds low on a pre-tax basis.

You hear complaints from everyone cause you can't make everybody happy. No one knows how good they have it until they don't.