ODFL | Best terminal in DFW area?

Socaln8ive

TB Lurker
Credits
Can anyone provide some pros or cons to the hubs in the DFW area in Texas? I’m looking at transferring (linehaul) within the next 6 months. Fortworth has a hourly linehaul run, anybody know what thats about? Any feedback would be great, thanks.

It’s a shuttle position, I wouldn’t recommend it. They plan on limiting hours when the new OT rule starts January 1st.

Dallas has the most opportunity for line haul. Extra board drivers work 6 days a week, but you can get a bid run within one year. They run line haul 24/7 in Dallas

Hows extraboard in Fortworth? Garland? Any advantages to a certain hub? What about pay scale out there? Thanks for the info.

It’s a shuttle position, I wouldn’t recommend it. They plan on limiting hours when the new OT rule starts January 1st.

Dallas has the most opportunity for line haul. Extra board drivers work 6 days a week, but you can get a bid run within one year. They run line haul 24/7 in Dallas

Hows extraboard in Fortworth? Garland? Any advantages to a certain hub? What about pay scale out there? Thanks for the info.

Garland LH here.

We are currently adding bids but it’s not known exactly what runs they’ll be. Our EB/WT guys run whatever’s leftover freight or cover vacations. Biggest advantage we can offer over a big hub like DAL is not being on call 24/7 although that could change as we grow. Top out is .7358 mileage & 31.6 Hourly.

Garland LH here.

We are currently adding bids but it’s not known exactly what runs they’ll be. Our EB/WT guys run whatever’s leftover freight or cover vacations. Biggest advantage we can offer over a big hub like DAL is not being on call 24/7 although that could change as we grow. Top out is .7358 mileage & 31.6 Hourly.
Awesome, thanks for the info.

So how about that "AAT" Alliance, TX (15629 BLUE MOUND ROAD JUSTIN, TX) terminal that's listed on the website.. does that exist yet and is that going to be a huge hub or is it an end of the line terminal. I'm moving down to the DFW area next year and looking for a linehaul job down there, and I'm not exactly commited to transferring down there with my current employer (Saia).

So how about that "AAT" Alliance, TX (15629 BLUE MOUND ROAD JUSTIN, TX) terminal that's listed on the website.. does that exist yet and is that going to be a huge hub or is it an end of the line terminal. I'm moving down to the DFW area next year and looking for a linehaul job down there, and I'm not exactly commited to transferring down there with my current employer (Saia).
AAT is open & running

If your wanting to do Linehaul you need to run out of Dallas. Starting off is rough but pays very well. Dallas is the big dog in the area and has the most opportunity and takes priority over Linehaul runs. Better runs, better miles, and better schedules. You can work days or nights unlike the other terminals.

limiting hours? I just landed a shuttle position(grew very tired of running up to the northeast) and I work 5-10 hour days. So, might not be cutting my hours.

limiting hours? I just landed a shuttle position(grew very tired of running up to the northeast) and I work 5-10 hour days. So, might not be cutting my hours.
yes, over time after 50 hours starts January 1st. They will watch hourly employees times to keep overtime pay to a minimum or none at all. They will also try and maximize production from hourly employees, especially if they need to pay overtime.

yes, over time after 50 hours starts January 1st. They will watch hourly employees times to keep overtime pay to a minimum or none at all. They will also try and maximize production from hourly employees, especially if they need to pay overtime.

When it’s busy you’ll get all you want. It was that way just a couple months ago. Plus as a LH driver you can run mileage at anytime.

Bottom line is if you’re willing to work OD most of the time will have plenty for you.

This is a myth. I'd like to hear your sources of where this was announced. This is a fallacy

As shuttle, I am hourly/mileage pay. I know I won't get any overtime. I only work 10 hours a night on hourly. However, if I run anything over 60 miles, then I clock out and run mileage pay. It works out, pretty well, so far. Last week, I worked 2 mights for 8 hours on clock, then clocked out and ran 1 turn on mileage which ended up being around a 12 hour day. Just glad to finally be home every day. I switched to a new terminal and they 'say' that next year, it'll get bigger and will create more turns. We only have 12 line hual guys, now. Hoping I can get a turn within 6-8 months?

Ok, 1 more Dallas specific question.. Are the first year guys running a 5 day bag, or are they turning home, or somewhere in between? OD is advertising "home daily" linehaul jobs in my home city but we just cant take the weather up here anymore. I wouldn't mind turning or bagging either way but I'd appreciate your insight

Ok, 1 more Dallas specific question.. Are the first year guys running a 5 day bag, or are they turning home, or somewhere in between? OD is advertising "home daily" linehaul jobs in my home city but we just cant take the weather up here anymore. I wouldn't mind turning or bagging either way but I'd appreciate your insight
No bag runs. All turns so you’ll be home daily.

I got a question. I'm an extra right now and working nights and days. I heard the extra board in Dallas has a schedule in which you can choose to run EITHER nights or days. Is this true? Someone I spoke to says some terminals do it this way and Dallas is one of them.