Holland | Bestway contract

jimmyjoe (jj)

TB Lurker
Credits
I still have heard nothing from any Bestway drivers as to where they stand on there contract.

It is going on 6 months since there contract ended and no one, I repeat no one is saying anything about where they stand on the contract!!

How about it Bestway drivers what is YRC wanting to give you and where do you stand?

JimJoe (jj) said:
I still have heard nothing from any Bestway drivers as to where they stand on there contract.

It is going on 6 months since there contract ended and no one, I repeat no one is saying anything about where they stand on the contract!!

How about it Bestway drivers what is YRC wanting to give you and where do you stand?

I heard today that they had reached an agreement. Members are supposed to vote on it this weekend.. Just hear say, maybe a Bestway driver will come along and give us more info.

JJ as you know, here in Memphis we are as close to Bestway drivers as any terminal. These guys freight has picked-up so much that they're contract has been pushed to the back-burner. You can't get any information out of any of them. JJ I had a Roadway driver in Jackson Tn. tell me they were told to make room for Holland in their W. Tenn terminal. The rumor is we will get 6 doors and space on their yard for some trl's. We believe bids will be posted for 4-5 jobs in Jackson. We presently run at least 12-14 men to the Jackson area daily. There is about 12 men that live in Jackson that driver to Olive Branch everyday to work. A few men will be happy anyway. This type operation is being done in one of the Ill. terminals. GRIZZ

A tenative agreement has been reached. We will be holding meetings this weekend to cuss and discuss the contract, and to vote. I wish I could give some info as to what is in the contract, but we haven't been given any hard facts as to what we are being offered. We have received forms from Central states to fill out for insurance in case we accept the offer. I guess we'll have to wait until next week before we know anything for sure.

Grizz they do not share any terminals in IL. But they do share a terminal with Roadway/Yellow in the new terminal in PA. called Dubouis.

And I also heard from drivers in Atlanta that meet Jackson,Ms (Bestway drivers) that all pups are being shipped WEST!! For what?

Hey,this is to everyone who log's on to this site..bestway contrack has already been sign by the union..that is why they are getting ins. info in the mail.regaurdlesshe this contrack will stand.as 1.57 raise for drv.and .50 for dock hands.5yr.contrack-.40-.40-.45-.50 for the 5th yr.putting them at 22.32 for yr. 2011 still 9hr work days also still pay for ins.retirment 1.25 1st yr 2.70 2nd 2.30 3rd 5.00 4th 10.00 5th TLL 65$ a week in yr 2011 to sum it up the rest is gust bull-s--t.Look like the union won they are still getting union dues that helps pay for ther travling for days and paying for the NMFA pention fund...WAKE_UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!