FedEx Freight | bidding considered onduty?

Oh come on you probably knew what you wanted it would have taken 2 - 3 minutes. do you evr wake up to go pee. There are drivers under you waiting. FYI, there are guys at our house that intentionally make everyone wait a whole day until their time slot just to be pricks and that is where the problem usually lies at our house other than that they try and accomodate us around our shift.

We just sign a bid sheet, like some of you guys there are those that hold up the process, at some point the boss chews backside and things get done, sounds like the sheet should be signed when the driver comes in, the bids are posted in advance, guys are thinking about what they want a month in advance, as we say just sign the sheet stupid!!!!!

On duty not driving??????????? Your killing me!!!!!!!!! Man if you know when your call in time is just stay up and call. Yea it sucks but this is not a baby sitting place it's work, and what you're gonna do for the next 6 months. Unless someone gets sick or fired or they extra runs or they take away runs etc etc etc. So go to work and if you get tired pull over and take a nap. They can't get onto you for taking a nap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if I'm wrong zathlon, but I think he never questioned calling to get his bid on his call block. The original question was if he could use his 10hr rule if it did interupt his sleep. Just wanting to know the laws/rules behind it. Nothing wrong with that....

I guess he never read the question.

Correct me if I'm wrong zathlon, but I think he never questioned calling to get his bid on his call block. The original question was if he could use his 10hr rule if it did interupt his sleep. Just wanting to know the laws/rules behind it. Nothing wrong with that....