Yellow | Bidding Rules

xcsp

TB Lurker
Credits
we just had our annual bid and the bid was a disaster. one guy did not get to bid they would not answer the phone to accept his bid. So they wen't from his seniorty number and rebid from him.

I am saying they violated our seniorty,because the half of the board got to rebid,and the other half did not.

What are the rules of bidding if there is a violation in bidding.Do they have to re-bid the whole board.If so I am filing a grievance to re-do the annual bid.

Thanks for any information

xcsp said:
we just had our annual bid and the bid was a disaster. one guy did not get to bid they would not answer the phone to accept his bid. So they wen't from his seniorty number and rebid from him.

I am saying they violated our seniorty,because the half of the board got to rebid,and the other half did not.

What are the rules of bidding if there is a violation in bidding.Do they have to re-bid the whole board.If so I am filing a grievance to re-do the annual bid.

Thanks for any information

Welcome to the boards xcsp. It's good to have you here

sounds like they screwed him. pending on your bidding rules, I say they would now have to slot him in on any junior mans bid that he wants. NOT knocking said junior mans bid out of a job.

Hey xcsp.......for what it's worth, on the dock if a man doesn't bid, or doesn't bid enough slots he goes to the bottom of the list, until the next bid!!:nutkick: It makes people really pay attention around bid time! Get with your steward, you may be able to protest the bid. DS.