Estes | Big brother is headed for the Big E

I am just glad that I have been trucking long enough, that when the final companies bow to big brother, I'll be ready to retire! It's been a great 19 years in trucking, I hope the next few at least go well, then the newbs can have it all, I'll go sell CB antennas (and other stuff......LOL) to truckers at the truck stops ;)

You still have a CB radio...Dang, I thought the cell phone took the place of those.....I seen something stupid the other night...I was headed East on 20 and seen a driver playing solitaire on his laptop...What the hell is the world comin' to? And the DOT guys are worried about folks talking on cell phones? Seems screwed up, doesn't it...

You still have a CB radio...Dang, I thought the cell phone took the place of those.....I seen something stupid the other night...I was headed East on 20 and seen a driver playing solitaire on his laptop...What the hell is the world comin' to? And the DOT guys are worried about folks talking on cell phones? Seems screwed up, doesn't it...
I seen a young driver talking on his cell (holding it to his ear) a big white cell phone, holding it in his left hand up against the glass. We approached the brand new chicken coop in South Florida. Diesel bears walking outside. He didn't even try to hide it. Some people just don't give a f.

I seen a young driver talking on his cell (holding it to his ear) a big white cell phone, holding it in his left hand up against the glass. We approached the brand new chicken coop in South Florida. Diesel bears walking outside. He didn't even try to hide it. Some people just don't give a f.

I've learned,it takes all kinds out here,but only one to kill someone.....What a moron...

Well i guess its starting sooner than i thought i noticted a lil cell phone looking antena on a sleeper today asked the driver what it was he said its electronic recorder gps and logs said they have already done 40 trucks going term to term started at 001 he said

Well i guess its starting sooner than i thought i noticted a lil cell phone looking antena on a sleeper today asked the driver what it was he said its electronic recorder gps and logs said they have already done 40 trucks going term to term started at 001 he said

I reckon all good things come to an end. Maybe it's time to bid on a schedule to stay out of trouble. I just hate the thought of working for my money
5420489359_287890aa74.jpg

If what I'm hearing is correct, its not a camera system. Its similar to what we use at Central, which is more or less a handheld Qualcom.

Its both good and bad. But, they can't see what's going on in the cab.

However, all communication with dispatch is now via text message. That's annoying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Talking to central thru text would be ok for me i like most of them but sometimes they having a bad day n they have a ****ty attitude. When you call that wont happen thru texting i do do like the idea of getging my oders thru them and having to talk with some of the northeast terms that i go into the lil dispathers sit thier and have to call central right in front of you and relay the info is a lil dumd to me. Really they dont even care to talk to you anyway if they are busy getting city Kitty s out the door.....

"yaall ain't sent me not one message in 25 hours, is this handheld thingamabobber even working??? I can her them at 089 already. Lol
Thanks for the info.

Hopefully they're just testing... I don't mind an e-log, but anything beyond that gets scary. I sure don't want to get fired if I get caught yawning.

I'm pretty sure the line would be drawn if there was an onboard camera pointing at me. I'd rather sack groceries if it would ever get that rediculous

I'm pretty sure the line would be drawn if there was an onboard camera pointing at me. I'd rather sack groceries if it would ever get that rediculous

If they put camera in our truck i think i quite too lol but i would settle for working for OD or fedex in such an extreme case!!!! No food sevice for me!

I dropped a dime on a Useless Xpress daycab driver on my peddle run a few months ago. He was driving around Gainesville GA with a laptop on his dash watching a movie...

I dropped a dime on a Useless Xpress daycab driver on my peddle run a few months ago. He was driving around Gainesville GA with a laptop on his dash watching a movie...

Do drivers running down the road at 65-70 mph, with their feet proped up on the dash, fall into this class of driver ?

I talked to a 001 driver with that new system installed, he told me that whenever he goes faster than 65 he gets a phone call from big brother.