Estes | big E terminal in Longview, TX?

JRut

TB Lurker
Credits
New to the forum. Just applied for line haul out of the Longview, Tx terminal. They told me they would call me. Anyone know anything about this one? Some general info, or what to expect from this terminal, or whatever would be nice. Thanks!

If you applied for Extra Board,it really doesn't matter how the people are,or the TM for that matter...Once you are dispatched,you belong to Central Dispatch...As long as you get along with those guys,you'll be fine...Get Mildew to school ya on extra board manuvers...I think he has a DVD out on how to kiss the most butt...LMAO..All jokes aside,Mildew is my bud, he knows the ropes and what to do..If you want to, Private Message him on here and he'll tell you what to exspect...

Thanks! And I actually have no clue if it's extra board or not. I saw they were hiring for P&D and Line Haul, so I wrote down Line Haul on the app..

Thanks! And I actually have no clue if it's extra board or not. I saw they were hiring for P&D and Line Haul, so I wrote down Line Haul on the app..

You did the right thing. It takes time but after a while you'll figure out the system. You'll pretty much know where you're going which terminals dispatch late and early. Don't **** central off. That's your bread and butter. Lots of little tricks to get you the most miles or running the direction you like. You shouldn't have any trouble running out of longview. I spent most of my week out your way and they gave me all I can stand. Good luck.

Ok that sounds good and thanks for that info. What are the chances of getting home everyday doing line haul? [again don't know if I'm extra board or not). Or is that out of the question. Day driving or night driving? It really doesn't matter but I'm leaving my current job because of the away time. But if the money is as good as I hear, then I'm sure I'll put up with a lil away time. Thanks!

The money is great. I wouldn't be surprised if I received a $2000 check for last week counting my hooks. This week it might be less. I know it will be good though. I don't have a millage sheet. They never gave me one and I never asked but the money is always good. I think your chances are slim to none if you think there's a chance to be home every night just starting but you never know. Some guys at our barn just started the road and get home every night

Now THAT'S what I like to hear! I would be happy with even 14 or 1500 a week..lately that's more than I make in 2 weeks since work is slow right now. I really hope I get the call soon. now I have never hauled doubles before but I do have the endorsement and hazmat as well..the guy said that's not a problem I just hope somebody trains me up on it since I have no clue how to hook a set of doubles at all. I'm new to LTL they don't expect you to back doubles do they? Lol

So they told me I was good to go.. passed the drug test, physical and MVR looked good, and that my start date was monday, so I went and quit my old job, turned in all my gear and everything. Monday comes, never get a call. I call up there and the TM says the safety guy wouldn't let them hire me.. because of ONE speeding ticket. IN MY PERSONAL VEHICLE OVER A YEAR AGO. I couldn't believe it!! Because first of all it was in my personal car, and it was the ONLY ticket I have ever gotten in my ENTIRE LIFE. So I'm jobless and pissed at Estes. Least they could have done was not given me my start date until they had all the paperwork done for sure..before telling me I was hired. Then maybe I could still have a job and money coming in..maybe not good money but atleast I would have money coming in. :cuss:

idk about that i had several tickets on my mvr when i was hired but maybe theyve gotten stricter in last 5 years id be a little mad myself cant blame you

I learned a long time ago,never quit a job,until you start the other...It use to be nice to give notices,but nowadays, it's not necessary it seems...JRut, can you get your old job back? Seems like all companies have gotten more strict on tickets these days...Insurance,I'm sure....

Dang! Sorry to hear. I know they are more strict on tickets that you have and try to hide. Regardless, one ticket shouldn't have been a big deal. I've had some on mine when I started working here. You might try and call the dmv and see if you can get it wiped off somehow. I know they can do it.

Dang! Sorry to hear. I know they are more strict on tickets that you have and try to hide. Regardless, one ticket shouldn't have been a big deal. I've had some on mine when I started working here. You might try and call the dmv and see if you can get it wiped off somehow. I know they can do it.

I think he said the safety guy was complaining about the ticket being 10 over the speed limit, which it was, and he didn't want to risk it. But I don't see how 1 ticket in my personal car would matter. And it was the only ticket I've ever gotten. Just seems a bit extreme. I will call the DMV and see if there's something they can do about it because I would hate for that ticket to affect any of the other jobs I apply for. I'm applying at Fedex and Conway in the Dallas area (about 2 hours from me). It just a bummer cuz' Estes was right down the road about 5 miles from me. Who knows maybe could try again in a couple years with Estes after the ticket has wiped off my record.

I learned a long time ago,never quit a job,until you start the other...It use to be nice to give notices,but nowadays, it's not necessary it seems...JRut, can you get your old job back? Seems like all companies have gotten more strict on tickets these days...Insurance,I'm sure....

Yeah I was trying to do the right thing and put a 2 weeks notice in, which I did. And when he told me I would start on Monday I went ahead and went up to my old job and quit and turned everything in. I could probably get it back, but it's really my last resort. If I still dont have any luck in a month or so..I might have to go back up there and beg.

You could call the safety dept at the corporate office in Richmond and plead your case. Tell them that the TM had already hired you (given you a start date) and now you're jobless. Ask for Janice B. in the safety dept. I think she is the head honcho there. I've spoken with her before and she's alright. It can't hurt... I'll PM you her last name since we can't post those here.

Did you list the ticket on your application? Or was it 'found' by the safety department? Were I work twice a year all drivers fill out a form listing any and all accidents and or tickets in company or personal vehicles. Don't try and 'hide' one, the safety department compares the form you turn in with your dvr. If a ticket is 'found', they can claim falsify of document and it's out the door.

Drummer, THANKS!! I will do that, I got your message also. And lazer yes I listed the ticket on the app. I have no reason to hide anything..didn't think it would be a big deal being just one ticket. Thanks guys