SAIA | Big Shot Walked Out

TheRazorsEdge

TB Lurker
Credits
Any idea why a regional manager was walked out and forced to empty the company vehicle and driven home? This happened about a month ago.

Yes, our CEO is married to Bill Zollars daughter. But that in no way affects the way he runs SAIA.

O'dell was put in his current position by Zollars back when Saia was owned by Yellow. I'm hoping he is using his father-in-law's incompetence as lessons on how NOT to run a business...

O'dell was put in his current position by Zollars back when Saia was owned by Yellow. I'm hoping he is using his father-in-law's incompetence as lessons on how NOT to run a business...
Well .... You don't see him buying up companies prematurely ... And that's a good thing. The economy has took a hit in the south because of the oil situation. Houston is feeling it big time. It has affected our numbers in the 3rd quarter ... But we will bounce back and gain market share in time. Got a new terminal coming online in Grayslake (ILL)in the spring. And Tyler Texas will be adding some new growth to support East Texas. As will build this companies infrastructure (as you put it) I see positive change coming about. O'dell seems to be very cautious about expansion plans. Perhaps he wants to get his current house in order before that happens. Seems like he may have learned from others mistakes. He is a great CEO and I think he does listen to Zollars when it comes to certain things. Despite the mistakes Zollars made there should be no mistaking he was a pretty smart man. Just perhaps a little overzealous. Nobody is perfect.

Last edited:
Well .... You don't see him buying up companies prematurely ... And that's a good thing. The economy has took a hit in the South because of the oil situation. Houston is feeling it big time. It's affected our numbers in the 3rd quarter ... But we will bounce back and gain market share in time. Got a new terminal coming online in Grayslake (ILL)in the spring. And Tyler Texas will be adding some new growth to support East Texas. As will build this companies infrastructure (as you put it) I see positive change coming about. O'dell seems to be very cautious about expansion plans. Perhaps he wants to get his current house in order before that happens. Seems like he may have learned from others mistakes.

Oh I totally agree. I've always said they need to fix up the terminals they have and get more terminals in their current coverage area before they expand more. Hopefully soon they will fill in the cracks with more EOL terminals up here.

I do believe that he treads lightly because of Zollars' huge disaster. Seems like it so far.