FedEx Freight | Big Talk Coming...

wellillbe

TB Lurker
Credits
Ok guys I work out of Ama and today we were told there would be a meeting soon and there would be a BIG annocement....anyone have any idea what it is?

Yes, the meeting is going to be to address the issue of the lack of antibacterial hand soap at some centers. After a massive investigation it has been determined that center managers that have not been purchasing the antibacterial handsoap will be terminated. Fed Ex as a company does not condone the lack of antibacterial soap at any of its centers and will do all that it takes to remedy this situation. All restrooms will be stocked with a 55 gallon drum of antibacterial soap by the first of March. If your center fails to do so please call the 1-800 tip line and let them know of the antibacterial soap service failure. As a company we do not condone the lack of antibacterial soap being available to our associates. Remember Fed Ex is a clean green antibacterial company that takes its employee hand washing seriously.

maybe they will bring in more purchase vans in to move freight. I am all for it. The company will do whatever it takes to turn a profit. Hey that's more work for me in the city. I'm all for purchase trailers running line haul.

I heard they were short on city drivers so they are bringing in some trained monkeys to fill the void. They only concern is that the monkeys tend to eat and throw less of their own feces, so there could be a transition period.

maybe they will bring in more purchase vans in to move freight. I am all for it. The company will do whatever it takes to turn a profit. Hey that's more work for me in the city. I'm all for purchase trailers running line haul.

Wow, just think of all the days you'll be sitting at home when the weather turns bad and the PTs are holed up in the truckstops.

Packerfan, we're all in this together, city or road, so I wouldn't make comments like that, I wouldn't anyway,, purchase transportation rubs a lot of us whine bag road drivers the wrong way

What goes around comes around, Troll On

I ran the road for over 13 years. Now I am in the city. I love it. All I ever heard on the road was guys crying the blues on how they can't get their way.

Rumor has it since we purchased Vitran, they are now ready to merge senority lists from both companies. They are starting with the road drivers out of AMA and working through the south before doing it at the northern centers. Again this is just a rumor I heard from a reliable source from the men's room wall

Our Regional Director visited my Service Center recently. He has instructed our management team to limit drivers to 7.5 ours per day maximum. I have known my managers for well over 20 years! Trust me on this! They are not happy about this! I come from a large service center. We cover a large metropolitan area with over 80 city drivers! I could be wrong, but this would be a huge announcement! They have not formally told us about this yet! We will probably get word next week.