SAIA | Bills galore

Moonburn

TB Lurker
Credits
Recently I had 43 bills in my lead and 24 in my rear trailer. It's safe to say the dock supervisor was happy with his numbers that night. Less purchased transportation being used this week, more loaded trailers on the ready line. Rumor is this was the last week of PT for the year.

Recently I had 43 bills in my lead and 24 in my rear trailer. It's safe to say the dock supervisor was happy with his numbers that night. Less purchased transportation being used this week, more loaded trailers on the ready line. Rumor is this was the last week of PT for the year.
I talked to a city driver at my barn and he said he got 13hrs overtime last week. He said they told him that will be the norm for the rest of year.

Estes is in same boat. They are still hiring. Seen the trainer with new guy the other day. I was kind of shocked after reading these boards with the furloughs. I guess some of the l.t.l"s are being pro active at getting new customers or just doing a good job at taking care of their customers that word is spreading. Great to hear you all are doing good. Its nice to hear a feel good story. Keep up the good work.

Last winter was slow. Lots of 4 day work weeks and having to bag out for the week just to stay busy. I do know some some of our terminals in other areas have slowed but here in the south it's jammin. I hope it carries through to the spring. To be this busy on a holiday week at the end of the month is promising. We added 11 runs on our last bid here recently, about a 10% increase. I thought they were crazy but the freight keeps coming thus far. Glad yall are keepin it movin at Big E

Last winter was slow. Lots of 4 day work weeks and having to bag out for the week just to stay busy. I do know some some of our terminals in other areas have slowed but here in the south it's jammin. I hope it carries through to the spring. To be this busy on a holiday week at the end of the month is promising. We added 11 runs on our last bid here recently, about a 10% increase. I thought they were crazy but the freight keeps coming thus far. Glad yall are keepin it movin at Big E
I believe Saia, Estes, O.D, R&L,X.P.O, A.A.A. Cooper, South Eastern, and Dayton is holding there on. I know we we dont have all the benefits of a union company but i dont think we we have to worry about being without a job. Estes has some issues, but as big as they are it has a family feel to it. Ive been here a while and not once have i ever been cussed or treated unfair. Thats just my experience. Sure id like better insurance and some more personal days, but over all its a real good company. Ive had to have time off for personal reasons and not once have they ever denied me or threatened me with my job. That means a lot. 2 whole days off each week not no 34 hour stuff. Ive heard good stuff about Saia as well. My plan is if my health holds up and the economy doesnt crash and cause problems is for this to be my last job. Glad things are working out for you over there. Whenever i see a lot of l.t.l trucks on the highway no matter who it makes me smile. Not everyone wants to pull wiggle wagons, and if they only knew or gave it a chance they would never want to do truckload again or at least thats what happened to me. I love the competition with other carriers. It helps keep us sort of on a level playing field with each other which is a good thing. Stay safe out their brother.

I believe Saia, Estes, O.D, R&L,X.P.O, A.A.A. Cooper, South Eastern, and Dayton is holding there on. I know we we dont have all the benefits of a union company but i dont think we we have to worry about being without a job. Estes has some issues, but as big as they are it has a family feel to it. Ive been here a while and not once have i ever been cussed or treated unfair. Thats just my experience. Sure id like better insurance and some more personal days, but over all its a real good company. Ive had to have time off for personal reasons and not once have they ever denied me or threatened me with my job. That means a lot. 2 whole days off each week not no 34 hour stuff. Ive heard good stuff about Saia as well. My plan is if my health holds up and the economy doesnt crash and cause problems is for this to be my last job. Glad things are working out for you over there. Whenever i see a lot of l.t.l trucks on the highway no matter who it makes me smile. Not everyone wants to pull wiggle wagons, and if they only knew or gave it a chance they would never want to do truckload again or at least thats what happened to me. I love the competition with other carriers. It helps keep us sort of on a level playing field with each other which is a good thing. Stay safe out their brother.
Don't forget us at Averitt, working hard!

Averitt as well. I would venture to say Averitt is doing great at least in my neck of the woods. You folks are out in number on the interstates. Also probably have the best looking tractors n trailers out of any of the l.t.l"s.
Steer, you don't know Big Blue.
We never had assigned tractors at PIE, but he always washed and waxed his before he would leave the yard.:stirthepot:

I had a volvo once at Estes. It was older but it was a lot more comfortable than the freightliners they are getting now. They got away from the volvos because most of the mechanics cant work on them. Also got away from the Kenworths because of warranty issues i believe. Pretty much freight liners and internationals now.