FedEx Freight | Bit Off More Than They Could Chew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Red Phone!

ring , ring , ring...
Credits
Have been talking to some drivers for Yellow out of Cleveland they are pretty slow right now say we are kicking there a$s right now. Talk to another driver out of our barn today he talk to a Holland driver this weekend rumer going around that yellow bit off more than they could chew and are having some cash flow issues , any one heard of this or anything relating to this ??????

Not yet ,
But all I know is that we are always busy ,
no one leaves early any more at our barn.

Momoney said:
Have been talking to some drivers for Yellow out of Cleveland they are pretty slow right now say we are kicking there a$s right now. Talk to another driver out of our barn today he talk to a Holland driver this weekend rumer going around that yellow bit off more than they could chew and are having some cash flow issues , any one heard of this or anything relating to this ??????
I have a good friend who is a sales rep for ABF and he said the outlook for Yellow is not good. I truely hope they are o-k. There is enough out there for all of us. Not to mention I like to go home once in a while. Yes I think they bit off more than they could chew. Just look at the profit margins for yrcw vs. Con-Way and FedEx. There is no comparison. Yrcw is hauling twice the freight for half the profit. Con-Way is right in line with FedEx.

My friends and UPS have told me that brown lent YFS the money to buy big R. The rumor is over there is that Brown will be acquiring YFS if they default. (This is the rumor here in TX anyway) Also saw on TV that Warren Buffet just bought a bunch of brown stock.

Rumor over here on the USF side is that DHL put the money up for Yellow to buy USF Corp.

AHH !!! Where would we be without RUMORS ?????

whoopNride said:
Rumor over here on the USF side is that DHL put the money up for Yellow to buy USF Corp.

AHH !!! Where would we be without RUMORS ?????

this is the most tired rumor and the most untrue. let CFer put you on to this info. it has been cleared up many times already.

UnionTrucka said:
this is the most tired rumor and the most untrue. let CFer put you on to this info. it has been cleared up many times already.

Oh boy, here we go again.

DHL is owned by Deutsche Post World Net .
Yellow borrowed money from Deutsche Bank for the USF purchase.
These are 2 completely seperate companies. Don't be fooled by the similiar names

Balance Sheet yrcw
Total Cash (mrq): 55.02M
Total Cash Per Share (mrq): 0.958
Total Debt (mrq): 1.57B
Total Debt/Equity (mrq): 0.791
Current Ratio (mrq): 0.887
Book Value Per Share (mrq): 34.611

Cash Flow Statement
Operating Cash Flow (ttm): 467.16M
Levered Free Cash Flow (ttm): 730.94M

Status
Not open for further replies.