SAIA | Blood tests?

Air-Ride

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anybody know what's going on with the blood tests that we are going to have to take? Someone said that in a meeting they had this week they said that it had something to do with our insurance.He said that it wasn't mandatory but we could loose our insurance if we didn't take it. He also said that when someone asked the member of the management team what would happen if someone had high blood pressure while there would Saia put put the driver out of service and the manager said that would be up to the attorneys to decide. What's up with that?

At the Quarterly meeting at my terminal and the ORL terminal.After trying to find about this I found something in the July newsletter about a new wellness program.Im hoping that it is about that but you would think if it was we at least would have gotten a letter or something.

Far as I know it's all confidential between you and Concentra.... If you go to your own Dr. and get your blood work done and bring them something saying you got it done that's ok to!! NOT THE RESULTS!!

If it's what I saw in the news letter it's no big deal .I just don't understand why the manager said what he did about insurance and the out of service thing.I guess they should have had someone there who was better informed. Like I said , a letter would've been nice or at least a posting on the bulliten board. I don't believe that safety is sending out notices about physicals any more.We've hads 3 guys sent home for expired cards and they said that they never got any letter.

your insurrance will go up 20 dollars a month if u do not get the blood work done...its totaly free and the results will only be shown to u

Does anybody know what's going on with the blood tests that we are going to have to take? Someone said that in a meeting they had this week they said that it had something to do with our insurance.He said that it wasn't mandatory but we could loose our insurance if we didn't take it. He also said that when someone asked the member of the management team what would happen if someone had high blood pressure while there would Saia put put the driver out of service and the manager said that would be up to the attorneys to decide. What's up with that?
you dont take a blood test to check blood pressure.

your insurrance will go up 20 dollars a month if u do not get the blood work done...its totaly free and the results will only be shown to u
the insurance company will find out. why do you think they are pushing it.