SAIA | Bluetooths on the yard

But its ok for sales to drive thru the yard with the phone in their hand, hostlers on hand held radios talking hitting parked trailers while trying to back in that's ok... :crap: But no your blue tooth is unsafe.
Haz Mat not secured in outbound loads that's ok too the dock guys are busy.
And an operations manager who dose not care. I'm about done with this place. over 10 years in but tired of the game.

Was wrote up twice now for having the company handheld in my hand looking at a pu that they sent me while in a industrial complex. Hit a speed bump, camera went off, wrote up, total bs! Not talking on it or texting, just looking at it in my hand at idle speed on private property

Was wrote up twice now for having the company handheld in my hand looking at a pu that they sent me while in a industrial complex. Hit a speed bump, camera went off, wrote up, total bs! Not talking on it or texting, just looking at it in my hand at idle speed on private property

My advice: put that handheld on the passenger seat anytime the truck is in gear. That way, you don’t have the temptation to look. Turnabout is fair play, and it that means you pass a pickup and have to backtrack, then so be it. They make these silly rules, and in your case, they won’t look ok at the totality of the evidence, only the infraction itself.

My advice: put that handheld on the passenger seat anytime the truck is in gear. That way, you don’t have the temptation to look. Turnabout is fair play, and it that means you pass a pickup and have to backtrack, then so be it. They make these silly rules, and in your case, they won’t look ok at the totality of the evidence, only the infraction itself.

I’m done with this petty stuff that safety comes up with and they wonder why the moral is in the tank. I’ve been around a good while in trucking and micro managing a company can only be pushed so far before the bubble bursts, seen it before. The “CYA” and “COA” mentality is not a winning solution, just an anamosotive relationship. Frankenstein was created, he didn’t start out that way. Hope they stat all the monsters they created

We are way under staffed at my barn and only one driver away from half of the city guys that have active applications in with other carriers, keep the cameras handy to see drivers walking away.
Dispatch wants to call constantly to change up plans you get lots of call me an hour out half an hour out and so on stops but don't use your blue tooth you are only working 12 hours with no break but hey if you can sit still for another half an hour that would be great.
Ditch the blue tooth ban and let us get some work done.

We are way under staffed at my barn and only one driver away from half of the city guys that have active applications in with other carriers, keep the cameras handy to see drivers walking away.
Dispatch wants to call constantly to change up plans you get lots of call me an hour out half an hour out and so on stops but don't use your blue tooth you are only working 12 hours with no break but hey if you can sit still for another half an hour that would be great.

Exactly! At our block, I know of 6 drivers who are are persuing an exit(that’s over half), what a shame too, good hard working, quality drivers.

What happens on private property should stay on private property. It’s total BS to coach someone on private property. Some in management have too much time on their hands. There are always exceptions to this rule but circumstances should always come into play. It should never be black and white.

Last edited:
I can’t see the Bluetooth ban being lifted and I’m not sure it should be. I know many other things this company could do however to stop turnover. They just don’t seem to care.

What happens on private property should stay on private property. It’s total BS to coach someone on private property. Some in management have too much time on their hands. There are always exceptions to this rule but circumstances should always come into play. It should never be black and white.[/

That’s what I’m saying but our safety dept says there’s no exceptions and that came straight from the top, good job Mr.Odell and company, you didn’t think this one through because I will not touch that thing until my next stop so pickups will be missed. The law states that you can only push one button within reach.

You can do anything you want on private property. State law doesn’t apply. The company policy on the other hand does.

What happens on private property should stay on private property. It’s total BS to coach someone on private property. Some in management have too much time on their hands. There are always exceptions to this rule but circumstances should always come into play. It should never be black and white.
Let me be clear about this post. If you’re on private property and you forget to set your brakes and your tractor and trailer rolls away because you were on your handheld device then you probably deserve to be terminated. On the other hand if you’re on private property and you simply reach down to accept your pickup alert then nothing should be said. IMO.

Let me be clear about this post. If you’re on private property and you forget to set your brakes and your tractor and trailer rolls away because you were on your handheld device then you probably deserve to be terminated. On the other hand if you’re on private property and you simply reach down to accept your pickup alert then nothing should be said. IMO.

Agree, it’s there law, like it or leave it. Get your priorities in order I say to them, I’m doing it for the company, oh well, just baffles me the head hunting.

Would it be due to the fact that new drivers don’t have the 10 yr free med ins? They could just change the policy I guess and do like most other nons and charge around $100 a week, but wouldn’t that run more off? Idk, just looking at it from a corporate perspective

Would it be due to the fact that new drivers don’t have the 10 yr free med ins? They could just change the policy I guess and do like most other nons and charge around $100 a week, but wouldn’t that run more off? Idk, just looking at it from a corporate perspective

Have you ever had a family member or friend that you did something for and they bring it up to you every chance they get The more you get here( and don’t get me wrong , always appreciate a raise no matter the size)the more they want back. Seems to me there’s a resentment to give at all, may be a power struggle with the share holders and the uppers. Always trickles down.