FedEx Freight | BMM Fatality

Thank You All Very Much From Wally's Family

Hello truckers, thanks for all the kind words and prayers about my Father. My name is Kevin Wollschlager I'm Wally's youngest of two sons (34). Dag on it's hard; we were so close to him. He was at my house on Thursday and died Friday. He was only 57. The cops still won't tell us exactly what happened, still under investigation. They only said so far that both drivers were partially at fault. They said my dad rear ended him but the truck he hit should not have been where it was, doing what it was doing. Maybe he was broke down with no flashers on, I don't know yet. It was also raining very heavy at the time. He retired from the U.S Air Force and had been driving big rigs for the past 12 years or so. He was a great man, great dad, awesome grandad to 4 grandkids and he was also a great driver.
fxfx8man thanks for your take on the accident it's the first of millions of senerios that keep running through my mind that actually make sence. I bet thats exactly what happened... Thanks again I'll keep in touch your a bunch of good people here.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL OUT THERE. I told dad that every time I seen him..
If anybody wants to send a card or a flower. He will be laid out at:
Lassahn Funeral Home
(410) 665-2000 7401 Belair RdBaltimore, MD 21236-4602
Tuesday 3:00-5 and 7:00-9
Thanks again, Kevin Wollschlager

Hello truckers, thanks for all the kind words and prayers about my Father. My name is Kevin Wollschlager I'm Wally's youngest of two sons (34). Dag on it's hard; we were so close to him. He was at my house on Thursday and died Friday. He was only 57. The cops still won't tell us exactly what happened, still under investigation. They only said so far that both drivers were partially at fault. They said my dad rear ended him but the truck he hit should not have been where it was, doing what it was doing. Maybe he was broke down with no flashers on, I don't know yet. It was also raining very heavy at the time. He retired from the U.S Air Force and had been driving big rigs for the past 12 years or so. He was a great man, great dad, awesome grandad to 4 grandkids and he was also a great driver.
fxfx8man thanks for your take on the accident it's the first of millions of senerios that keep running through my mind that actually make sence. I bet thats exactly what happened... Thanks again I'll keep in touch your a bunch of good people here.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL OUT THERE. I told dad that every time I seen him..
If anybody wants to send a card or a flower. He will be laid out at:
Lassahn Funeral Home
(410) 665-2000 7401 Belair RdBaltimore, MD 21236-4602
Tuesday 3:00-5 and 7:00-9
Thanks again, Kevin Wollschlager

Kevin,

thank you for the info on were to send flowers and cards, as you can see we were trying to find a way to express our thoughts and prays with your family in this sad time

Kevin Thanks for stopping in and talking to us. My
family and all my Brothers here send our prayers and
thoughts to you and your family. :console:

Good luck and God Bless Wally.
SMOKESTACK AND THE GANG FROM TRUCKINGBOARDS.

Thank you truckers

Dear Truckers.
My nephew could not have said it better. I am Wally's younger brother Paul and would also like to thank each and every one of you for your thoughtfulness and kindness expressed. Kevin explained to me yesterday what he read on this tread concerning the accident involving my brother and it helped immensely. I was also looking for answers to the scenerios I saw in my mind. I felt it was not necessary to view the photos as one of his fellow truckers explained about the crash in TX not leaving his mind. I didn't need that vision.
My brother was an Icon in the family and this all came as a shock much too much to bear. It matters not at this point who was at fault as the final outcome will not change. My thoughts and prayers also go out to the other trucker involved. My remaining brother also drove a rig until suffering a stoke two years ago. He is taking this very very hard. His son also drives and we all now fear for his safety. I would also like to share with you the thoughtfulness expressed by his supervisor at FX. He also relayed the sorrow expressed by his co-workers. I know that Wally enjoyed the guys he worked with and worked there even though he probably didn't have to because of his military pension.
Wally would have indeed done anything for anybody in need. He was so mellow and easy going and a very loving person. I am honored to have him as my brother and will miss him dearly. He also was an integral part of our mom's care. I was looking forward to working with him on her house that Friday morning but my calls went unanswered when he didn't show up. I only figured he got tied up at work and started by myself until the MD Transportation Authority Police showed up. The rest goes without saying, a very disastrous day.
In closing, I hope all of you take care in all that you do. I appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers and will return the same.

Wally's brother,
Paul

Dear Truckers.
My nephew could not have said it better. I am Wally's younger brother Paul and would also like to thank each and every one of you for your thoughtfulness and kindness expressed. Kevin explained to me yesterday what he read on this tread concerning the accident involving my brother and it helped immensely. I was also looking for answers to the scenerios I saw in my mind. I felt it was not necessary to view the photos as one of his fellow truckers explained about the crash in TX not leaving his mind. I didn't need that vision.
My brother was an Icon in the family and this all came as a shock much too much to bear. It matters not at this point who was at fault as the final outcome will not change. My thoughts and prayers also go out to the other trucker involved. My remaining brother also drove a rig until suffering a stoke two years ago. He is taking this very very hard. His son also drives and we all now fear for his safety. I would also like to share with you the thoughtfulness expressed by his supervisor at FX. He also relayed the sorrow expressed by his co-workers. I know that Wally enjoyed the guys he worked with and worked there even though he probably didn't have to because of his military pension.
Wally would have indeed done anything for anybody in need. He was so mellow and easy going and a very loving person. I am honored to have him as my brother and will miss him dearly. He also was an integral part of our mom's care. I was looking forward to working with him on her house that Friday morning but my calls went unanswered when he didn't show up. I only figured he got tied up at work and started by myself until the MD Transportation Authority Police showed up. The rest goes without saying, a very disastrous day.
In closing, I hope all of you take care in all that you do. I appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers and will return the same.

Wally's brother,
Paul

Paul, we are here for you and your family if anything is needed. Please feel free to reach out to any of us.

We are all one family in this industry, although sometimes our views are not the same. The brotherhood is strong and we all at the mercy of the road.

God bless you and your family. We that knew Wally know exactly where he is today.

Dear Truckers.

Wally's brother,
Paul

Paul I am sorry for your loss, I have lost a brother myself and can relate to your feelings.

God Bless your family and I pray he gives your family strength in these trying times.

from what i have been told and judging by the picture it looks acurate, wally was behind another truck and that truck moved over to the left lane to avoid the truck that was in the right lane that was either merging into the lane from the side or stopped completely in that lane and wally did not have time to react and rear ended the trailer. this was from a bmm driver that this info come from.
this had nothing to do with being sleepy or tired, it was just wrong place at the wrong time. wally was a hell of a guy and did not deserve this but you can bet he will still be riding with each and everyone of us at night wether you new him or not.. rip brother
fxfr8man,this is j-l out of wmd. what shocker it was for me also.

just want to say hello to all on this board. i'm on here for first time,i have been reading for a couple of years now, don't know why it took so long,but thanks to the owner for giving me the opportunity.look forward to all. thanks again.

just want to say hello to all on this board. i'm on here for first time,i have been reading for a couple of years now, don't know why it took so long,but thanks to the owner for giving me the opportunity.look forward to all. thanks again.

welcome to the boards jl

jusaplayin (Paul) thanks for stopping in .
You are welcome to come and visit us
anytime. Wally will live forever in the
hearts of the people he touched .

Smokestack

kevin/paul i wanna say reading your posts put a big lump in my throat im really sorry for your loss and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers keep the faith

Can anybody get us a picture of Wally for our remembering our friends thread?

WollschlagerWayne.jpg

picture

gtrdone, Wally's co-workers & friends:

This was a good, recent photo of Wally and I appreciate your posting it. I don't know you but I do hope one of the hands I shook tonight was yours at the funeral home.
It was a heart warming experience to see and meet all of the friends Wally had at Fed Ex. I'm sure I can speak for the entire family that none of us will ever forget the support received from his fellow co-workers. The response for Wally overwhelmed the home filling the room, hallway and parking lot!

God bless all of you,
Paul

I remember you now my friend. I'm sorry this had to happen to you. I worked with you so often on the rch dock and all this time I thought you worked out of fed. You always gave me a hand when I needed something big moved that I could'nt handle. I will remember you.:sadwavey: