Holland | Bonuses next week

falconfan

TB Veteran
Credits
Should be getting our 1% bonus on next weeks check....3/4/16. If Holland were separate from New Penn and Reddaway we would have been eligible for a 3% bonus.We were told that we operated at a 90.
Our revenue exceeds New Penn and Reddaway combined.
Hope this is decent news for some of you.

you guys do know you are 3 times the size of npme, right? so your revenue should be quite a bit more than ours. that said not to proud to say thanks for your hard work. we now have a company president for the first time ever that isnt a npme person(a yrc reject/vp of sales at roadrunner). our bad year we are told, his first full year running things, is because we cant compete with the higl;y competitive non-union carriers.he also told us we should thank you and reddaway for that bonus we are getting. we now will run 12 skids an extra 140 miles for no reason and handle it 5 times, as apposed to handeling it twice and sending to delivering terminal. all in the name of load average. even when your running four emptys to that delivering terminal.. this moron philosophy is all very new to us at npme. management and workers alike are bewildered by this stupidity, management is threatened and fired if they dont follow this to the T. they than hire back more yrc rejects to fill the spots. all that being said, dont know if this company will at this rate be able to help out much on future bonus's. but if you ask our new pres. , hes counting on whipping us all into this new way of moveing freight and out doing holland in no time...

you guys do know you are 3 times the size of npme, right? so your revenue should be quite a bit more than ours. that said not to proud to say thanks for your hard work. we now have a company president for the first time ever that isnt a npme person(a yrc reject/vp of sales at roadrunner). our bad year we are told, his first full year running things, is because we cant compete with the higl;y competitive non-union carriers.he also told us we should thank you and reddaway for that bonus we are getting. we now will run 12 skids an extra 140 miles for no reason and handle it 5 times, as apposed to handeling it twice and sending to delivering terminal. all in the name of load average. even when your running four emptys to that delivering terminal.. this moron philosophy is all very new to us at npme. management and workers alike are bewildered by this stupidity, management is threatened and fired if they dont follow this to the T. they than hire back more yrc rejects to fill the spots. all that being said, dont know if this company will at this rate be able to help out much on future bonus's. but if you ask our new pres. , hes counting on whipping us all into this new way of moveing freight and out doing holland in no time...

New Penn was always regarded as one of the most efficiently ran freight lines in the business.Hell, you guy's were bragged about by everyone all the way down here in Georgia.
Even after we all became YRC, Zollars and Welch beamed with glee when talking about New Penn to investors during quarterly reports.

Then came the mou's that got shoved down your throats, then things went way south for New Penn.I know nothing about the operation, but I do know you guys set the standard for unionized workers.

I have been curious as to if the downward spiral is all management changes or if most of it is from changes in the rank and files work ethic.

manegment vs. work ethic?? i would say we still operated management wise like npme up untill about a year ago when last npme guy running the show was forced out by new outside president. he brought some number crunching bean counter in and it hasnt been the same since.we now worry about load average more than o/r or makein money and takeing care of customers. we advertise best in northeast at next day, yet hold freight, dont work city loads at night, have cut times, and do everthing that over night carriers dont do. or we never did before. so much for that yrc code of conduct huh..,,tell the world one thing but do another. very dishonest i would say, im not naive but than before when we said were the best at next day in northeast, we really were. as you can see i pretty much hate what yrc and there incometence has done to my company. that being said i have always given 100% and still do.we still have a handfull at every terminal, management and teamsters, that still knows the npme ways and has a next day mind set for the job. and continues to plug away hopeing to retire. now though we are lucky to get 1 out of 10 applicants that turn out to be good employees and hard workers im sure just like holland. they pretty much hire all that pass the **** test and have valid cdl. .and now advertise for full time dock workers at most terminals. and of course 4 hour part time. for 11$ an hr. 25 yrs ago to work at npme you had to have cdl peroid. kind of like the perfect storm, new management clowns telling 20 plus year mangement left at npme how to do it or be fired and they have fired a bunch. so u can imagine that job loyalty,and with the new generation of trucking cdls they try to hire at crap wages , cant totally blame one side or another except we can all blame yrc for the total bloated management bureaucracy we now have to live under or quit.

manegment vs. work ethic?? i would say we still operated management wise like npme up untill about a year ago when last npme guy running the show was forced out by new outside president. he brought some number crunching bean counter in and it hasnt been the same since.we now worry about load average more than o/r or makein money and takeing care of customers. we advertise best in northeast at next day, yet hold freight, dont work city loads at night, have cut times, and do everthing that over night carriers dont do. or we never did before. so much for that yrc code of conduct huh..,,tell the world one thing but do another. very dishonest i would say, im not naive but than before when we said were the best at next day in northeast, we really were. as you can see i pretty much hate what yrc and there incometence has done to my company. that being said i have always given 100% and still do.we still have a handfull at every terminal, management and teamsters, that still knows the npme ways and has a next day mind set for the job. and continues to plug away hopeing to retire. now though we are lucky to get 1 out of 10 applicants that turn out to be good employees and hard workers im sure just like holland. they pretty much hire all that pass the **** test and have valid cdl. .and now advertise for full time dock workers at most terminals. and of course 4 hour part time. for 11$ an hr. 25 yrs ago to work at npme you had to have cdl peroid. kind of like the perfect storm, new management clowns telling 20 plus year mangement left at npme how to do it or be fired and they have fired a bunch. so u can imagine that job loyalty,and with the new generation of trucking cdls they try to hire at crap wages , cant totally blame one side or another except we can all blame yrc for the total bloated management bureaucracy we now have to live under or quit.

Thanks for the reply, It was you and those like you that made New Penn great.
I don't understand how those at the top aren't displaying a sense of urgency to
to get New Penn ,as close as they can, back to what they once were.
I hope you continue to do your thing and hope things get better in the future.

Train,
Your post reflects the same frustration that everyone at Holland went through several years ago. And yes, YRCW is to blame for the majority of the changes.
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the company (YRCW) would be better off having two cash cows versus just one. Years ago, Holland and New Penn were both money makers, now those idiots at YRCW are trying to reinvent the wheel, and they're ruining what was once a successful freight movement strategy.
Where do they get these fools?

All i can say is WOW. I thought only us poor grunts north of the border were being pummeled to death and force fed with the YRC horse ::shit:: sandwiches. I got sick and tired of hearing over and over again "That's not the way we do it Blah Blah Idaho" along time ago. They could care less about moving freight and servicing the customer. It's all about load factor, bills per hour and stops per hour. In almost 30 years I've never seen our freight volumes so low and freight take so long to get to the customer. I actually get excited when I get to deliver freight on time, but it doesn't have very often. The higher ups are so preoccupied with making our company name disappear and change every aspect of the way we did business to model the way they do things in the US that the customers have given up hope and moved their freight to other carriers. We were once admired as one of the best expedite companies to the west, now we're lucky if we can even get enough freight to fill a pup to each terminal out west. All of our previous management team, from the president down to supervisors and dispatchers, some of which had been with the company for 40 years were tossed out and replaced with outside "fresh minds" who had little or no freight experience, but follow orders to the T for fear of losing their jobs. I've heard it many times to management from their bosses "DO IT THE WAY I TOLD YOU OR I'LL FIND SOMEONE WHO WILL" You have to love the rule by intimidation philosophy of these arrogant pricks. We once made a handsome profit when owned by Roadway, now we make a lot less profit because we move about a quarter of what we once did and it's usually late or damaged when it gets to the customer. I guess I should be lucky that I still have a job. It's hard to believe they have destroyed so many companies to feed their egos that they have all the know how about how to run a trucking company. Lord knows that they refuse to listen to the people that do this every day and have the knowledge to make the company profitable again.
OJmqVws.jpg

OJmqVws.jpg

lzV3017.jpg

ww0eIF8.jpg

Holland is the "CASH COW" for the yellow pig , without us ,the yellow pig would have went into Bankruptcy years ago period .........................:6788:

Last week we had a "team" of YRC auditors at our barn for the whole week. They nit-picked things like, "unapproved calendar in Supervisor's dock shack" and "Failure to wear goggles when changing propane tanks." The YRC team took points off for not sending OS&D to Kansas City in a timely manner.

However the OS&D Gal can not send anything to YRC Kansas City unless she gets an authorization from YRC and guess what . . . YRC ignores her repeated requests.

Now this week the Holland Safety Idiot is auditing our barn and the Holland Dude is saying, "Funny YRC I am not finding any of the problems you were complaining about."

What a total bunch of horse hockey! The Pig is just like a little kid with a dollar burning a hole in his pocket and just can't wait to spend it!

Sounds like more bean counters trying to justify their job. They should just focus on getting freight picked up and delivered on time, and in one piece. And for those who aren't part of the operational end of freight, say a polite good bye to them. Bean counters typically cost the company more money than they make for the company.

If I was still at New Penn I'd mail that 1% check to Overland Park and tell Welsh what he could do with it. He obviously needs it more than we do after screwing us out of thousands of dollars over the last few years....