ABF | "Breaker One Nine!

completely ancient technology there. all you need is a cell phone and a bluetooth speaker and access to power to keep both charged. I stream music all day through my phone. I have unlimited data through verizon. cb radio is good in the winter but mostly its dead at night no one really talks and when they do its "i aint got no panties on" or "any lot lizards out there"..

It is old technology now, and when I retired I considered getting rid of my radio box,until I thought of all the nights it kept me company and saved my bacon in the winter and it now has a place of honor in my garage. In fact, I may request a Viking funeral. Instead of a dog at my feet, I'll have 'em put my radio box in there instead. That's a nice radio box, BTW

Last edited:
completely ancient technology there. all you need is a cell phone and a bluetooth speaker and access to power to keep both charged. I stream music all day through my phone. I have unlimited data through verizon. cb radio is good in the winter but mostly its dead at night no one really talks and when they do its "i aint got no panties on" or "any lot lizards out there"..
Which is entertaining in a different way.

Even though I quit using CB a long time ago I do miss the camaraderie that it fostered when it was popular. Cell phone obviously has its benefits on the road but so does CB - for instance warning of accidents, bad weather ahead, etc.
I was actually thinking of buying a new one...mine broke a couple of years ago....

The S C and Ga base stations stayed up in the wee morning hours just to hear me play the harmonica and sing the Wabash Cannonball when I came thru.