XPO | Budget

XCCX

TB Legend
Credits
We have been told at our terminal that they can not buy anything until after the first of the year ( fuel and def asside) No washer fluid, toilet paper, hand soap ect to keep within budget. Is anyone else experiencing the same?
I’m sure nobody will here about this on Mad money which I bet we’re getting near another guest appearance soon. ( such a rosy portrait)

We are considering the use of urine as window cleaner because of its high ammonia content. We are doing what we can to stretch supplies and improvising where needed . Any ideas in this area would be greatly appreciated. We are committed in getting through these hard economic times.

Last edited:
Haven’t heard anything, but I’d say each barn is different. The trash cans are overflowing at xnw again. Profit over everything else.

We have been told at our terminal that they can not buy anything until after the first of the year ( fuel and def asside) No washer fluid, toilet paper, hand soap ect to keep within budget. Is anyone else experiencing the same?
I’m sure nobody will here about this on Mad money which I bet we’re getting near another guest appearance soon. ( such a rosy portrait)

We are considering the use of urine as window cleaner because of its high ammonia content. We are doing what we can to stretch supplies and improvising where needed . Any ideas in this area would be greatly appreciated. We are committed in getting through these hard economic times.

This is correct and all barns are the same. Only "essential to the business" items can be purchased. Vendor contracts for janitorial, propane, fuel, etc should not be impacted. Dock and office cleaning at our barn has not stopped.

While tp should be considered "essential," I'd cut some coupons and take them in...being a team player and all......:wtflol:
If we have to go bad we leave the terminal and walk over to the store across the street and use there bathroom. They are clean and well stocked. Everyone is doing it.

Do you think Xpo’s corporate office does not have tp and hand soap due to budget restraints. Why should it be any different for us

All barns are not the same. We had this problem last year, but so far, it hasn’t happened this year.

Our barn purchased some items locally because they could not be ordered through the normal process (company ordering system). They have restricted certain items to where you simply cannot order them. If your barn is keeping up with their supplies (which is GOOD), then they ordered them before the restrictions were put in place or have bought them locally. Record profits for 2 straight quarters and they still put the network in this position? No wonder managers are jumping ship at the first opportunity!

Our barn purchased some items locally because they could not be ordered through the normal process (company ordering system). They have restricted certain items to where you simply cannot order them. If your barn is keeping up with their supplies (which is GOOD), then they ordered them before the restrictions were put in place or have bought them locally. Record profits for 2 straight quarters and they still put the network in this position? No wonder managers are jumping ship at the first opportunity!
Some are not jumping ship. They are being walked out. Shown the door. Underperform. Out the door.

Are you going to use spray bottles filled with urine to apply it to the windows?
Or just have each driver stand on the hood, and let it go?
Safety first.....

Are you going to use spray bottles filled with urine to apply it to the windows?
Or just have each driver stand on the hood, and let it go?
Safety first.....
No we’re going to pee in a common bucket and store it in a warm place.
Seriously we were told we can no longer order ww fluid in bulk do to budget restraints.
We just trying to help Jacobs reach his stock goal early

Some are not jumping ship. They are being walked out. Shown the door. Underperform. Out the door.

Yes, many are walking on their own and yes, some have been shown the door. Listening to the profit numbers that Brooks talked about on the last update, it's hard to believe that all of those were strictly performance related. Especially when several of those locations are showing to be maxed out on their bonus, according to the thermometers in their breakrooms.

No we’re going to pee in a common bucket and store it in a warm place.
Seriously we were told we can no longer order ww fluid in bulk do to budget restraints.
We just trying to help Jacobs reach his stock goal early
4th quarter, S.
Cut spending.
Cut employees.
Profits, before anything.
Pee on everything else. No pun intended.
Did I mention 4th quarter profits???

Just did a little walk a around and what did I find??? Plenty of paper towels, toilet paper, Lysol wipes, fork, knives, and spoons. We also have a good amount of WW fluid a half a drum that is now open and a unopened one standing by. The coffee and supplies are well stocked along with hot chocolate. We even have a nice supply of soup for those really cold day on hand. Hell we are still getting our donuts once a week like we always do.
What it sound like to me is some of these TM need to play ahead this has happened every Dec like clock work. Or is it the employees are taking for themselves.

Just did a little walk a around and what did I find??? Plenty of paper towels, toilet paper, Lysol wipes, fork, knives, and spoons. We also have a good amount of WW fluid a half a drum that is now open and a unopened one standing by. The coffee and supplies are well stocked along with hot chocolate. We even have a nice supply of soup for those really cold day on hand. Hell we are still getting our donuts once a week like we always do.
What it sound like to me is some of these TM need to play ahead this has happened every Dec like clock work. Or is it the employees are taking for themselves.
Good I’m glad to here that you guys are in good shape there