Yellow | Butch Lewis

vdVbNf5.jpg
Can over the road drivers read? Asking for a friend, of a friend....

Yep, this is what we had, flat back daycab, 671 Detroit, Hydramatic transmission in RTL's first ones.
After they wore out all the wrecker services around including RTL's, we got the same DF 860s with RR trans.
Akers Motor Lines and McLean ran these with 471s with 5spd and 2 spd axles, theirs were sleepers.

Back when trucks were trucks and men were men. Today trucks are still trucks but men are whatever they choose to be!! :hide:. :hilarious:

I can see me coming out of Fla with one of today's fast, high HP freight hauling trucks and not being passed by every bean hauler going up the east coast.

I can see me coming out of Fla with one of today's fast, high HP freight hauling trucks and not being passed by every bean hauler going up the east coast.
Automatic, A/C, power steering, Air ride, Air seat with lumbar adjustments, Cruise Control, power windows, power heated mirrors that light up and beep when there is a car in the lane you are trying to get in, lane departure warning to keep you between the lines, and autonomous braking to stop the truck when you fall asleep from having nothing to do all night but ride:tr10driving03: :biglaugh:

Automatic, A/C, power steering, Air ride, Air seat with lumbar adjustments, Cruise Control, power windows, power heated mirrors that light up and beep when there is a car in the lane you are trying to get in, lane departure warning to keep you between the lines, and autonomous braking to stop the truck when you fall asleep from having nothing to do all night but ride:tr10driving03: :biglaugh:

Sounds just like my trip yesterday. :smile new:

We tested a few Allisons in 78, all had AC, heated mirrors, nice seats, never saw PS or other luxuries.
Sounds like I'd need schooling!

Rub it in old man!!
I don't get up at midnight and mash my motor no mo.

Me either. If I don't get to leave between 9:00 and 9:15 in the morning I just go sit in the park for the day and watch the joggers. Just watching some of them causes me to break out in a sweat just as if I was exercising also.

Me either. If I don't get to leave between 9:00 and 9:15 in the morning I just go sit in the park for the day and watch the joggers. Just watching some of them causes me to break out in a sweat just as if I was exercising also.

You can have that traffic, I ran midnight, Mon, Wed, Fri, finished about 2 or 3 Sat morn.
Got my exercise watching wife bale hay.