TForce | "Buy American"

NiKDiesel

TB Regular
Credits
buy_american.jpg

If You haven't made a New Years Resolution yet...

Then this may be the best one that You could make! :1036316054:

U.S. steel industry urges "buy America" recovery plan

Daniel DiMicco, chairman and chief executive of Nucor Corp, a giant steel maker, told the paper the industry was asking the incoming administration to "deal with the worst economic slowdown in our lifetime through a recovery program that has in every provision a 'buy America' clause."

Good luck with that... it is hard to buy anything that is made in America. I was looking to get a new pair of boots. Indonesia seems to have this market except Red wings. I am looking for some warm winter boots, have not bought any yet. Does anyone have any suggestions??? American boots that is???

Good luck with that... it is hard to buy anything that is made in America. I was looking to get a new pair of boots. Indonesia seems to have this market except Red wings. I am looking for some warm winter boots, have not bought any yet. Does anyone have any suggestions??? American boots that is???

I would agree with that...

All's We can do is try!

At least You asked for suggestions...

Which is more then most would have done! :1036316054:

04c.gif

American Made Products and/or Services Made in USA

"There are 293 million people living in the United States. If each one would shift $20 a month in spending from foreign made products to American made products, that would create 5 million new jobs." - source: AVERAGE JOE by BJ COX

"There are 293 million people living in the United States. If each one would shift $20 a month in spending from foreign made products to American made products, that would create 5 million new jobs." - source: AVERAGE JOE by BJ COX
As long as the price is competitive I am all for it.

But if I can get the same thing $10 cheaper from China, guess which one I'm buying.

As long as the price is competitive I am all for it.

But if I can get the same thing $10 cheaper from China, guess which one I'm buying.

Chinese products are crap. You get what you pay for, the only thing I buy of quality that comes from china is fireworks.:nutkick:

The teamsters store has American made work boots for sale. But they are not cheap.

Its very hard to buy American but I do every chance I get. My dog food has no ingredients from China, vitamins and supplements can be found made in USA with china ingredients. If we just change those 2 things we are well on our way.:1036316054:

Chinese products are crap. You get what you pay for, the only thing I buy of quality that comes from china is fireworks.:nutkick:

The teamsters store has American made work boots for sale. But they are not cheap.

Fireworks are crap to thats why you get two or three for the price of one.Only one goes off.

Its very hard to buy American but I do every chance I get. My dog food has no ingredients from China, vitamins and supplements can be found made in USA with china ingredients. If we just change those 2 things we are well on our way.:1036316054:

How does that dog food taste?:hysterical:
But its getting harder to find anything made in the USA.All the big manf.have moved there.

American made # 1

But its getting harder to find anything made in the USA.All the big manf.have moved there.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO TASTE IT, JUST READ THE LABEL...JUST LIKE HARLEY D.AMERICAN MADE......MILWAULKEE IRON...THE ONLY WAY TO GO..EVERYONE HAS A CHOICE...TAKE THE TIME TO MAKE IT, CHOICE I MEAN..SUPPORT OUR PEOPLE...NO EXCUSE...LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT......................:chairshot::clap::woot::1036316054:

YOU DON'T HAVE TO TASTE IT, JUST READ THE LABEL...JUST LIKE HARLEY D.AMERICAN MADE......MILWAULKEE IRON...THE ONLY WAY TO GO..EVERYONE HAS A CHOICE...TAKE THE TIME TO MAKE IT, CHOICE I MEAN..SUPPORT OUR PEOPLE...NO EXCUSE...LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT......................:chairshot::clap::woot::1036316054:

YOU DO'NT HAVE TO SHOUT IF YOU CA'NT TAKE A JOKE.If you only buy American made well you do'nt buy much.

:hysterical: That was good. Its better than the stuff we eat most likely. But seriously there a very few dog food companies that have only USA ingredients. The one I use is one of only a few that manufacture in the US and all food ingredients are from the US. Except for a few of the proteins like lamb and venison and they are from New Zealand. :popcorn:

Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | Economy

End Tax Breaks for Companies that Send Jobs Overseas: Barack Obama and Joe Biden believe that companies should not get billions of dollars in tax deductions for moving their operations overseas. Obama and Biden will also fight to ensure that public contracts are awarded to companies that are committed to American workers.

Reward Companies that Support American Workers: Barack Obama introduced the Patriot Employer Act of 2007 with Senators Richard Durbin (D-IL) and Sherrod Brown (D-OH) to reward companies that create good jobs with good benefits for American workers. The legislation would provide a tax credit to companies that maintain or increase the number of full-time workers in America relative to those outside the US; maintain their corporate headquarters in America if it has ever been in America; pay decent wages; prepare workers for retirement; provide health insurance; and support employees who serve in the military.

I am with you guys......but, day after Christmas I needed a new DVD player, mine died Christmas Day (boy was that a long afternoon with the grandkids).......I spent two days looking for a DVD player, at any price, made in the US........couldn't find even one......not one.......made me sick.......

Ended up buying a Sony Blu-Ray player (at least the Japanese "pretend" to still be on our side).....

Guess Ross Perot was right.............

:duh:

Ok .

I would like to support all of your very well intentioned , patriotic , and virtueous sentiments on this endeavour .

Perhaps some of you may wish to truely
investigate and research what products are
actually entirely U.S. made . Key word here .

" Entirely "

Just4Thought

Your right!

American Made anything... is pretty much obsolete!

Yet, what I am trying to point out is that if some of these other industries follow in the footsteps of the steel industries requests on the Obama administrations plans on Bail-out Funding...

And the Administrations plans on Tax Relief Benefits for Companies choosing to conduct all business on American soil (not outsourcing manufacturing - overseas)

That We the consumer - will be able to do Our part... and help stimulate the economy - by purchasing American Made Goods.

All's We can do right now - is look 1st. - then buy 2nd.

If each person makes an attempt at buying at least one or two things a month - that is American Made or Produced... that gradually and overtime - this trend will reverse itself...

It's going to happen!

Just not overnight...

Your right!

American Made anything... is pretty much obsolete!

Yet, what I am trying to point out is that if some of these other industries follow in the footsteps of the steel industries requests on the Obama administrations plans on Bail-out Funding...

And the Administrations plans on Tax Relief Benefits for Companies choosing to conduct all business on American soil (not outsourcing manufacturing - overseas)

That We the consumer - will be able to do Our part... and help stimulate the economy - by purchasing American Made Goods.

All's We can do right now - is look 1st. - then buy 2nd.

If each person makes an attempt at buying at least one or two things a month - that is American Made or Produced... that gradually and overtime - this trend will reverse itself...

It's going to happen!

Just not overnight...

I do understand your point and permiss here .

The problems here are just too numerous to
to solve with any one " FIX " .

It has taken many years to get to where we
are at today . Every solution or " FIX " is tied
to another problem or cause .

Example : Taxes . Companies do NOT pay taxes .
They only COLLECT taxes for GOVERNMENT . These
collections are made from the customers ,
employees , and consumers , then it is submitted to the government . At that point , the government can then expand and require more taxes to expand itself again .
A never ending cycle .

Just4Thought

:hysterical: That was good. Its better than the stuff we eat most likely. But seriously there a very few dog food companies that have only USA ingredients. The one I use is one of only a few that manufacture in the US and all food ingredients are from the US. Except for a few of the proteins like lamb and venison and they are from New Zealand. :popcorn:

I would not dout that No telling what we are eating some times.Got to get protien from somewhere.All the horse meat goes to China.