Yellow | Buying YRC Stock

Heck no...I took the profits and reinvested !!! Actually, I just want to say thank-you to all you guys for the funny responses !!! You all really made me laugh !! I had to go back and re-read them because they were so funny. In actuality though, we really are picking up !!! I just wish they would bring in more help to get the people there stuff, but with a skeleton crew we truly are SLAMMED and alot of it is definately new stuff. Good luck all my YRC brothers, hang in there. It could always be worse, we could be at ABF, no FedEx , no UPS !!! They all SUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!! I need another beer.

How did you take your profit, if you did not sell?

Well.......I posted in the a.m. and if any of you freight geniuses would have taken my advice and bought...say a few hundred thousand dollars worth of YRC stock you'd be singing quite a pretty note now !!!!! CAN YOU SAY 42 % profit !!!!!!! By the way, who nows how many millions FedEx Freight lost in the first quarter, something like $110 MILLION !!!!!! Good thing they have FedEx Ground bailing them out !!!!

Maybe Fedex bought YRCW stock yesterday morning and got some of their losses back!

Im buying YRC stock every week with the employee purchase program and where I work we're getting SLAMMED with new inbound and outbound freight !!! Im going to make enough money on the stock to retire in a few years when it gets back to $35 per share. Yeeeehaaaa......thank you over-exaggerators of bankruptcy !!!!
You've been buying "every week" over time. Anything you bought prior to 3/6/11 is currently losing money. I don't get the jubilation.

You've been buying "every week" over time. Anything you bought prior to 3/6/11 is currently losing money. I don't get the jubilation.

I worked with a guy at Preston that bought stock every week so he could have a paid for Corvette the day he retired. Just before we closed, he sold. Got $342.00 for a career's worth.

I worked with a guy at Preston that bought stock every week so he could have a paid for Corvette the day he retired. Just before we closed, he sold. Got $342.00 for a career's worth.

Wish it had worked out better for the man upon retiring.

This whole LTLbusiness is a joke. I personally cant believe that FedEx and UPS joined us in this business. Think about it....the shippers call 6 different freight carriers every night to all take turns backing into 2 docks to pick up a total of 10 palletts. WE all back our near empty trailers and load a pallett or 2 each. On the delivery side its even worse. You go hunt down a residential delivery. They make you wait a half hour while they unpack some Chinese made piece of furniture, then they find some scratch in it so they refuse it. Now we get to bring it back, repack it and let some hourly paid damage clerk mess with the paperwork for 2 days. WE MADE A TOTAL OF $0.00. Now take our fuel and labor out and presto, huge quarterly losses......EVEN A THE GREAT FEDEX FREIGHT !!! If you read the history of Yellow Freight you will see even in the 'haydays' of the US economy this has never been a big profit maker in most years. Until there are less carriers and they can actually charge the proper freight rates we are ALL doomed. We have all these 'accessorial' charges that almost always get waived. These freight carriers need to charge for inside deliverys, re-delievery, sort and seg, wait and delay times and so on but right now every time we try to charge they call the salesman and complain or just call a different carrier who is unwise to the situation then in a month they call us back with a clean slate. Stupid business. Try getting charges waived with an electrician or a plumber.....they'll laugh in your face.

I know its before noon but I think I need a shot of whiskey! Listening to all the pumping about this pos stock went up 58 cents Friday! BIG effin whoop! It went from 4.7 cent low to 7.4 cents pre-split and its time to bring out the party noise makers, cake and black label beer!!!
Its just the day traders making $50 here and 50 cents there on a worthless stock that will be going to zero(unless the kenyan gives them tarp money and the taxpayers go bananas over another bailout).
Y'all never invest in your own company, even the dumbest of professional stock brokers will tell you that.

Hey Lazylarry .I remember a friend at CF told me to do that before they went belly up. Lost his tail ... OUCH ! good luck and you should change your name to the GAMBLER

Hey Lazylarry .I remember a friend at CF told me to do that before they went belly up. Lost his tail ... OUCH ! good luck and you should change your name to the GAMBLER

My TM lost 20k The ATM lost 10k. I also know a few guys on the teamster side who lost 5-10K. The biggest lost I had heard of came from a Boss at the MLC terminal, somewhere in the neighborhood of 70k. When CF went down it was also Busy as hell. I had the most hours in the 14 years I worked there that week.

I appreciate all your ideas and views but truthfully I only buy $5 per week and I dont hardly drink or scratch any lottery tickets so I really can afford to lose it. I am actually just very glad to have a job and work everyday at YRC. Where I work is the best job in our whole town. Yellow has been good to me and we all live like kings at my house. I truly believe in our company. 99% of my coworkers work there arses off and wouldnt cheat the co. out of .05 $. We really are getting busier and I see a rebound. This company is going to survive. We actually have some brilliant people pulling strings for us in the upper management. Not to sound like a kiss as$ but if you really hate coming to work and feel the company sucks and is going under why wouldnt you just find a new job and let somebody who believes in YRC and wants (and needs....!) this job come and take your place. We're going to make it. YRC will be here in 10 years with or without all these pessimists. Lets Roll Boys We wont go down without a fight !!! FedEx Freight is losing more money than we are !!! There not as smart as they think they are.

FedEx Freight has a lot of expenses related to the combining of their 2 freight divisions including severance packages. These are temporary. Besides, FedEx can afford to lose money on freight for decades if they choose to, YRC doesn't have that luxury.

If you read the history of Yellow Freight you will see even in the 'haydays' of the US economy this has never been a big profit maker in most years. Until there are less carriers and they can actually charge the proper freight rates we are ALL doomed. We have all these 'accessorial' charges that almost always get waived. These freight carriers need to charge for inside deliverys, re-delievery, sort and seg, wait and delay times and so on but right now every time we try to charge they call the salesman and complain or just call a different carrier who is unwise to the situation then in a month they call us back with a clean slate. Stupid business. Try getting charges waived with an electrician or a plumber.....they'll laugh in your face.

If you watch the evening news you will see that many air-carriers agree with your way of thinking.

I appreciate all your ideas and views but truthfully I only buy $5 per week and I dont hardly drink or scratch any lottery tickets so I really can afford to lose it. I am actually just very glad to have a job and work everyday at YRC. Where I work is the best job in our whole town. Yellow has been good to me and we all live like kings at my house. I truly believe in our company. 99% of my coworkers work there arses off and wouldnt cheat the co. out of .05 $. We really are getting busier and I see a rebound. This company is going to survive. We actually have some brilliant people pulling strings for us in the upper management. Not to sound like a kiss as$ but if you really hate coming to work and feel the company sucks and is going under why wouldnt you just find a new job and let somebody who believes in YRC and wants (and needs....!) this job come and take your place. We're going to make it. YRC will be here in 10 years with or without all these pessimists. Lets Roll Boys We wont go down without a fight !!! FedEx Freight is losing more money than we are !!! There not as smart as they think they are.

10-4 on that good buddy! Just substitute that old commercial of "Lookout fed-x, here comes Airborne"! Replace Airborne with yrc and what do you have! yrc has fed-x on the ropes!
Yup larry, yrc is so grrrreat and well run only 35,000 employees have been given their walking papers, so far.
I think you're being a hypocrite, only putting $5 a week into the stock doesn't show much confidence. Your own words are they'll be here 10 years from now so why not put a couple 100 into it, its a steal now!

PS: I'll bet you I can make more money in July with a lemonade stand infront of the house then you make in the 3rd quarter on dividends! If they're still around by the 3rd quarter! Anyways, goodluck.