Central Transport | C.O.O of Pitt Ohio say's they are hiring and welcomes Vitran Drivers, Dockworkers.

Jeepstr723

TB Regular
Credits
Over the holidays, I sent a letter to Pitt Ohio Corporate office explaining the fact that a lot of former Vitran drivers now working for Central Transport are seeking other carriers to work for. I had heard from some Pitt drivers that Pitt may be looking for a terminal location in the Detroit area.

Today, I got a call from the Chief Operating Officer thanking me for my letter and to let me know to pass it along to all Vitran drivers and dockworkers that they are very interested in our people. He said that they have been considering a terminal in the Detroit area, but said that a new terminal as not in the near future.

Just say'n....

Pitt is a good company. ANY Vitran employees left at Central should JUMP if they have opportunity and live close enough to a Pitt terminal. PLEASE have enough sense to look at the future, not just the present.

Please feel free to pm me as well.We have quiet a few drivers and dockworkers in our area that is looking for jobs and have been to Pitt Ohio but we told to come back toward summertime.If you can pm me with a contact maybe this will help them to get a job.Thank you have a very blessed day.Runaway Train I will post something later going to bed to get some sleep started my new job like it took a pay cut but the stress is gone.

I believe that the old VP of sales left Vitran to become president of Pitt Ohio, but I think it was to run their new small package business, not the LTL. That being said, he was with PJAX also...a very good guy who saw the writing on the wall and left before things went bad.

Please feel free to pm me as well.We have quiet a few drivers and dockworkers in our area that is looking for jobs and have been to Pitt Ohio but we told to come back toward summertime.If you can pm me with a contact maybe this will help them to get a job.Thank you have a very blessed day.Runaway Train I will post something later going to bed to get some sleep started my new job like it took a pay cut but the stress is gone.
Brother you can't put a dollar figure on health, whether it's mental or physical just remember both of them are woven together like a piece of fabric....Stress can kill a man....I've seen it happen...........All jobs come with stress but the stress level at CT is off the charts if you have any self-respect and human dignity.

Last edited by a moderator: