Holland | Calm Down, 705 is not trying to execute a HOSTILE TAKEOVER of anything

Unionist

TB Lurker
Credits
Holy cow!

Watch it Flash, Ming is going to take over the world!

All the info you could possibly want about the 705 contract proposals are at the 705 web site.
Seems you are ALL cackling about 705's takeover of the planet.

This is not the case.

The 150 mile proposals context is WHEREVER THERE IS NOT AN EXISTING CONTRACT/AGREEMENT IN PLACE.
Please read the info before you go off half cocked, speculating that 705 is trying to take over the world.

Where were all of you "sky is falling" types when Holland opened up Joliet with the help of 179 and sc**wed over 705 members.

Nobody yelled 179 was trying to take over the world.

And when Yellow opened Montgomery with the help of 179 and sc**wed over 705 members.

And Roadway opened Boilingbrook with the help of 179 and sc**wed over 705 members.

And 705 Roadway and I think, ABF members were FORCED into 301.

Sounds to me like 179 was and is, on a POWER Grab, not 705. With the help of the international as well as the joint council.

Look, in my opinion it was Hoffa that began the slow disintegration of 705.
Which is what 705 is trying to correct now.

If I am correct, didn't he lose the vote in Chicago, at least at 705, twice (2).
Guess we can safely speculate that he was pis**d. Ron C. was a reformer. He put into place Mr. Z and Mr. M at 705. They were with Ron C. initially, as reformers.
So now Hoffa gets a h**d on for Chicago 705. So up comes Holland looking to open up Joliet without 705.
Mr. W /179 who at the time sat on some international committees with Hoffa, is more then happy to get in bed with Holland. He goes to the Joliet city council, helps Holland secure everything, land, road access, zoning, permits and whatever else. Except for a few 179 Nussbuam and Rudolph drivers and the drivers that were still in 705 at those companies, 179 is and was a construction trades local with very little freight work.

Mr. W gives Holland whatever they want.

Hell, 705/710 people went out there knowing that they would be driver/dock but when Holland started telling them that it was going to be Holland that decided WHO was going to work the dock and WHO was going to go on the street irrespective of their seniority. Grievances were filed.
To no avail, 179 denied them and Holland did whatever they wanted to do from there on out. Some representation huh! (I take a small amount of license here as I am sure that there must be some kind of grievances won on something at 179.)

In addition or should I say prior to, Hoffa lets Tony J, (A dyed in the wool Hoffa man) revoke a letter of jurisdiction that was put into place years ago by then 705 sec-treasurer, head of Joint Council, Louis P. specifically to prevent these freight companies from doing the very thing they did with 179 and 301, to Yellow, Roadway, ABF and Holland.

I have to say here that Mr. Z's decision, whether for good reason or not, (the way it was told to me was that the peripheral locals want to sign a NO STRIKE clause in this contract) to separate 705 from all the outlying locals was to say the least MAXIMUM STUPIDITY at it's utmost.

As well our (705's) removal from ANY seat on Joint Council.
Not to mention MR. N the bas**rd traitor negotiator. That was in bed with ALL the employers, much to our (705's) detriment.
Which is one of the reasons we are having a hard time with negotiations now. All they had to do with Mr. N was call or go into the hallway alone with the employers and he would give them what they wanted.
That, is not happening with Mike L.

This is how short sighted Hoffa was and is. The theory is that he started a silent campaign to minimize 705 in retribution for not supporting him as well as being, at least initially, reformers.

Hoffa will say that he does not interfere in any Joint Councils decisions on the local levels. But I have a hard time swallowing that.

705 was and I think , still is, the second largest Teamster Local in the country. Not to mention that we are in the center of the country. And that ALL freight passes through Chicago.

(Here I will say I am told that within the last 6 mos to a year 705 had conversation with the outlining locals about getting back into a solid, united negotiating sphere again for the upcoming contracts, they ALL declined.)

All 705 is trying to do is regain work that has been eroded from us.

Hold our heads up each day knowing we as members had, at least so far, the ba**s to believe in something and to hold on to that belief come Hell or high water.

I hope this gives some clarity as to our position.

I also want to thank you for enduring what turned into a rant.

I'm just passionate about Unionism.

Thanks.

Teamster Civil War

So Unionist, what you are saying is, besides showing us how knowledgeable you are about Union Bus., that Teamsters, and I am including all locals through out the country are in a total disarray and entering into a Teamster Union Civil war. THAT'S JUST WHERE YRCW WANTS US!!, by the way, :nutkick:. With your ultimate knowledge about Union Bus. can you guide us. :bowdown:

Not so, Unionist

Where were all of you "sky is falling" types when Holland opened up Joliet with the help of 179 and messed over 705 members.

And when Yellow opened Montgomery with the help of 179 and messed over 705 members.

And Roadway opened Boilingbrook with the help of 179 and messed over 705 members.

And 705 Roadway and I think, ABF members were FORCED into 301.

Sounds to me like 179 was and is, on a POWER Grab, not 705. With the help of the international as well as the joint council.
Except for a few 179 Nussbuam and Rudolph drivers and the drivers that were still in 705 at those companies, 179 is and was a construction trades local with very little freight work.

Mr. W gives Holland whatever they want.

Heck, 705/710 people went out there knowing that they would be driver/dock but when Holland started telling them that it was going to be Holland that decided WHO was going to work the dock and WHO was going to go on the street irrespective of their seniority. Grievances were filed.
To no avail, 179 denied them and Holland did whatever they wanted to do from there on out. Some representation huh! (I take a small amount of license here as I am sure that there must be some kind of grievances won on something at 179.)
Thanks.
With all due respect, Unionist, you do not have your facts straight. First of all 179 has had Freight for MANY, MANY years before Holland came to town. There was CF in Joliet (Channahon), there was Yellow in Shorewood, there was Roadway in Joliet,and some of the Nussbaum guys were 179. Next, Yellow in Montgomery is not 179, they are 673. Holland does not decide who goes on the street irrespective of seniority. It is based on which shift you are on, which is bid by seniority. The first and last shifts, for the most part, are dock bids and the rest are ALL driving bids. There were a couple of people who were on the dock bids that were able to circumvent seniority:butt kiss:, but it has been straightened out with the new preference sheet we now have. I'll be honest, I don't care for 179 myself, but wanted to clarify things.

With all due respect, Unionist, you do not have your facts straight. First of all 179 has had Freight for MANY, MANY years before Holland came to town. There was CF in Joliet (Channahon), there was Yellow in Shorewood, there was Roadway in Joliet,and some of the Nussbaum guys were 179. Next, Yellow in Montgomery is not 179, they are 673. Holland does not decide who goes on the street irrespective of seniority. It is based on which shift you are on, which is bid by seniority. The first and last shifts, for the most part, are dock bids and the rest are ALL driving bids. There were a couple of people who were on the dock bids that were able to circumvent seniority:butt kiss:, but it has been straightened out with the new preference sheet we now have. I'll be honest, I don't care for 179 myself, but wanted to clarify things.

Thanks for the correction. That info I presented had come to me thru 705 guys that went to Joliet/179 at the onset when Joliet opened.

As for the 673/179 stuff. We were told at the time of the Joliet opening by the then 705 leadership that 179 was strictly a construction local save the Rudolph and Nussbaum guys.
Again, thank you for the correction

Nothing worse then someone talking about something and not having it straight