XPO | Camera in Linehaul trucks

TiredDvrsWife

TB Veteran
Credits
So I've seen it posted here that some will talk on their cellphones using hands free. You think the company will allow this now since they have the cameras on the driver?

So I've seen it posted here that some will talk on their cellphones using hands free. You think the company will allow this now since they have the cameras on the driver?
It's still company policy that we can talk with hands-free, as long as your able to answer with one touch.

Thanks for answering guys. I don't post just for me, there are other drivers that aren't able to get online that ask questions (not just FedEx drivers) and ask me to post for them. So it's not just me wanting to know a lot of times.

Thanks for answering guys. I don't post just for me, there are other drivers that aren't able to get online that ask questions (not just FedEx drivers) and ask me to post for them. So it's not just me wanting to know a lot of times.
Uh, yeah, this internet thing is very difficult for many people to get onto. Luckily, there are people out there helping the less fortunate among us.

I myself know several technologically challenged drivers.

Don't worry driver, i figured it all out!

funny-pictures-the-internet-is-a-series-of-tubes2.jpg

there is no policy preventing "Hands-free" cell phone use. And we do not have cameras on the drivers, we have event recorders. If a driver has a hard braking event or an erratic change of lanes, these events will trigger the camera to record 12 seconds. If these 12 seconds show a driver's actions included being distracted by unsafe behaviors, then there will be a coaching session for the driver.

there is no policy preventing "Hands-free" cell phone use. And we do not have cameras on the drivers, we have event recorders. If a driver has a hard braking event or an erratic change of lanes, these events will trigger the camera to record 12 seconds. If these 12 seconds show a driver's actions included being distracted by unsafe behaviors, then there will be a coaching session for the driver.
Please stop confusing us with the actual facts. It makes it very difficult for people to post meaningless drivel just to get something started.:smile:

I really think that this could be a learning process for the drivers. how many roll overs and accidents do we have at drivers reaching down for sodas or their cell phone? good deal as far as I am concerned; and yes Tireddriverswife I have been driving for many many years I have with this company for almost 30.

Uh, yeah, some don't want to get on the internet and some don't own computers. Some come home after a long night and don't have time to get on here. Or so they tell me :)

Glad you have time Driver.And can find that power button :wee:

Uh, yeah, this internet thing is very difficult for many people to get onto. Luckily, there are people out there helping the less fortunate among us.

I really think that this could be a learning process for the drivers. how many roll overs and accidents do we have at drivers reaching down for sodas or their cell phone? good deal as far as I am concerned; and yes Tireddriverswife I have been driving for many many years I have with this company for almost 30.

What's not saying they (management) don't abuse the cameras? Look at the govermnent, First it was just collecting phone records. Now the TSA is going and is collecting ALL of your internet activity, ALL of your credit history, All of your phone activity including conversations. They know how much you spent at the grocery store. I haven't even gotten into Smart Meters on your house. The government knows more about you than you do, all legally against the Constitution. Do you think Con-Waste is not going to use technology to spy on it's drivers When ever they want? Power = Greed