SAIA | Camera question

How are they doing things in your region? Here, it’s every morning I hear someone being told they have a new camera video to view. The drivers I talk to, which are all mostly new, it’s constant harassment.

They are still hiring and training new drivers so I don’t think it’s a matter of over hiring and trying to “thin the herd”. I think it’s just a particular safety man in this region is a complete *******.

Last week I worked six days. Three days linehaul, and three days city. I come in to be told I have a video to view for a critical following distance, because they have an eight second clip, and during that eight second clip I had a period of three seconds following distance. (They expect four to six seconds at all times) This particular run was a 640 mile turn so you have to be on your toes to make it back.

I guess in the end this post is just me venting, but I’ve just never worked for a company that makes drivers feel so unwelcome, especially new hires. I don’t understand why you hire someone to treat them like complete doormats and make them feel unwelcome and want to leave the job after spending so much money bringing them on.

They have a really good pay and benefits package here, and this could be a great job, but this place is not for me if this is how it’s going to be. I can’t recommend anyone work here based off of my experience.
They treat you like a doormat because they are trying to keep you safe and out of jail. You know how many rear end accidents there is on the road due to distracted drivers in their phone. Go to YouTube and checkout the video 8 seconds, this driver checked his phone for 8 seconds and killed a driver. The driver is doing 20 years for this. You need to grow up, you are drving a killing machine if you are not careful. Pure whining…suck it up buttercup!!!

They treat you like a doormat because they are trying to keep you safe and out of jail. You know how many rear end accidents there is on the road due to distracted drivers in their phone. Go to YouTube and checkout the video 8 seconds, this driver checked his phone for 8 seconds and killed a driver. The driver is doing 20 years for this. You need to grow up, you are drving a killing machine if you are not careful. Pure whining…suck it up buttercup!!!

No, it’s called thinning the herd to avoid layoffs. Three were fired this week alone. If your head wasn’t so far up your ass you would know.

I am happy I got the hell out of this racket when the getting was good.

Some of you are princesses when it comes to driving at night. As the sun drops each day I grow motivated to run through the night. Teenagers cannot keep up with me. HA.

What with the crappy industry choking on overregulating and nanny computer alarming crap backed by cameras seeing what should not be seen... no wonder the whole industry is in the :shit:can. Serves America right.

I'll die a trucker damn it. Wild and free. I aint strapping a nanny to the kitty cat. Nope.

Every time we get new trucks here at Saia. The way they are programmed gets worser and worser. Now you have to try to pass a slower moving vehicle from 370 feet away from them in the fast lane. You cant get any closer. Which causes road rage if you take to long in the lane and you cant override the cruise by putting foot to gas pedal it drops you down from 68mph to 65mph.
Picked up a 17 Volvo out of the shop a couple nights ago almost passed out from the G-Force leaving the 1st. red light.... 😂. Been driving 23 Freightliner for the last year.

Picked up a 17 Volvo out of the shop a couple nights ago almost passed out from the G-Force leaving the 1st. red light.... 😂. Been driving 23 Freightliner for the last year.
Are you not too old to pick up a big ole heavy azz truck? and wonder why you have back trouble.:1036316054:

Birdman do you know a guy who goes by 1984Sideways?
Oh Yeah Wtf GIF by Arrow Video
Welcome back friend. :1036316054:
I had the same thoughts when reading this ! Perhaps a sober version of 84sidewaze

Aka downsizing a bit to reflect the economy.
They ain’t downsizing. They are trying to fear mongol folks. In the past few weeks out of my yard we have had 1 guy put it in the ditch over a stupid ETA he went to sleep behind the wheel. He was alright but not the truck but he got fired. Had another rushing in bad weather snow/ice crash and burn he got fired driving to fast for conditions. Them they want to point you for calling out with 8inches of snow on the ground and a blizzard warning lol. Not going to say what I want to say but dang some folks need to slow down pull over we all got CLC cards go to the hotel enroute or make an attempt and call for a wrecker 5 min down the street.

He did a year and 10 years probation.

They ain’t downsizing. They are trying to fear mongol folks. In the past few weeks out of my yard we have had 1 guy put it in the ditch over a stupid ETA he went to sleep behind the wheel. He was alright but not the truck but he got fired. Had another rushing in bad weather snow/ice crash and burn he got fired driving to fast for conditions. Them they want to point you for calling out with 8inches of snow on the ground and a blizzard warning lol. Not going to say what I want to say but dang some folks need to slow down pull over we all got CLC cards go to the hotel enroute or make an attempt and call for a wrecker 5 min down the street.
Those single axle trucks or not made to run in snow & ice. Its a disaster just waiting to happen.

Those single axle trucks or not made to run in snow & ice. Its a disaster just waiting to happen.
Surely you jest, we didn't see 3 axle tractors until the mid-sixties, and they were pushers.
I guess we old folks were just better drivers.
Just pulling your leg driver.
With today's traffic, you're lucky to make many trips without a crash.
Not counting the crazy azz drivers today.