ABF | Can anyone tell me what ABF starts at...

wonderring99

TB Veteran
Credits
I see abf is hiring in the milwaukee area. Can anyone tell me what starting pay is and how long it takes to get to top scale and if I would be a casual or not. If I am a casual will I work 40 or more hours?

1.Starting pay is 75% of top pay.
2.It takes 2 years to get to top.
3.Would I be a casual or not? That's hard to say. Call the terminal and ask them.
4.Nobody can tell you the answer to that. It depends on lots of different factors.

Call the terminal or better yet go to the terminal and let them see your interested enough to be there. Be very careful and totally complete and honest when you fill out a application. They will check every thing on it before they hire you.
Good luck.

Hillbilly

I was impressed the other day at my terminal. It has been a long time since I have had to " string a set " I was getting a set ready for a road driver that came in. I have been out of practice, the road driver saw this, he ask me if I needed help. I said thank you, but I think I got it now. He stayed out there and watched me and helped me by guiding me back with the front trailer hooking the gear. He showed me several things that are differant on the ABF gears as compared to others. He was very nice and extremely helpful. He didn't have to do this, or could have just gripped and waited no matter how long it would have taken me. I appreciate him going one step extra and showing me ABF's way of doing things. I think that I am going to like this place.

wonderring99 said:
Thanks hillbilly frog. I appreciate the info.
If you do apply in Milwaukee, keep us updated. I'm thinking about applying at abf once I get some experience under my belt. :captain:

Hillbilly

I was impressed the other day at my terminal. It has been a long time since I have had to " string a set " I was getting a set ready for a road driver that came in. I have been out of practice, the road driver saw this, he ask me if I needed help. I said thank you, but I think I got it now. He stayed out there and watched me and helped me by guiding me back with the front trailer hooking the gear. He showed me several things that are differant on the ABF gears as compared to others. He was very nice and extremely helpful. He didn't have to do this, or could have just gripped and waited no matter how long it would have taken me. I appreciate him going one step extra and showing me ABF's way of doing things. I think that I am going to like this place.

Makes a big difference dealing with a professional doesn't it. I know several ABF drivers makes me reminisce about the old days.:1036316054:

It's not on the web site but it wouldn't hurt to put in an app. anyway just make sure everything is correct when you fill it out. That is a pretty large terminal so they probably will be looking for someone once freight picks up. Good luck and keep us posted.

I have been driving for IBC WonderBread / Hostess Cake for the past 8 years and am seriously thinking about jumping back to Freight and ABF seems to be the most professional Teamster freight company I have seen on the road.

1. What is the starting and top pay in SoCal?
2. How much is contributed to the Pension?
3. Is Local P&D Monday - Friday or weekends also?
4. How is the Berdoo terminal?
5. If you get hired for Local can you get a line run when bids come up or are they seperate boards?
6. and how often do you bid??

Thanks in advance for any answers.

I applied online today and I must say that is the most professional online application I have ever seen, you even have to sign it with your mouse.