Yellow | Can I transfer?

Skinnytrucker

TB Regular
Credits
If there is a terminal 43 miles away from the terminal that I work in that is hiring can I transfer there. No I am not laid off. This is in the Central Region if that makes a difference.

Yea as a new hire.Which means you would lose your seniority, unless of course you where following your work under a change of ops.

I agree, as a new hire. I would check with my Steward or BA to find out if you could carry your sick/vacation days or if the Central has specific language on transfers. DS.

If there is a terminal 43 miles away from the terminal that I work in that is hiring can I transfer there. No I am not laid off. This is in the Central Region if that makes a difference.

you can only transfer on a work opp. as a laid off driver. If your not laid-off then you have to quit and rehire at new terminal and start over:smilie_132:

If I did quit and rehire at another terminal under the new contract wouldn't I start out at the 90% pay rate for 1 year and then go to 100%?????

you would fall under the new contract language, since you would be hired after April 1, 2008. That is if you quit and got re-hired!

Which means would drop to the 90% rate which sucks....

If you are already have some time in, the best way is to wait, or as some have mentioned before, about only after your laid-off then you have the opportunity under Article 5-5 ( Work Opportunity) to follow your work. The only catch to this is, lets say you were to get laid off at your terminal, but the terminal you are wanting to go to is not in a hiring mode, then you would not be allowed to transfer into that terminal. But if they are in a hiring mode, then you would be allowed to transfer, and go to the bottom of the board, at that terminal; but maintain all your company time. You also have to pay for any moving related expenses.