SAIA | Can someone tell me what this means?

coyote3

TB Lurker
Credits
Found this on yahoo finance.Not sure????
29-Oct-2008

Change in Directors or Principal Officers, Financial Statements and Exhibits

Item 5.02 Departure of Directors or Certain Officers; Election of Directors; Appointment of Certain Officers; Compensatory Arrangements of Certain Officers.
On October 23, 2008, Saia, Inc. (the "Company") entered into amendments to employment agreements with Richard D. O'Dell, President and Chief Executive Officer, Anthony D. Albanese, Senior Vice President, Operations and Sales and Herbert A. Trucksess III, Chairman of the Board of Directors. Additionally, on October 23, 2008, the Company entered into amendments to executive severance agreements with Mr. James A. Darby, Vice President of Finance and Chief Financial Officer, Mr. Mark H. Robinson, Vice President of Information Technology and Chief Information Officer, Ms. Sally R. Buchholz, Vice President of Marketing and Customer Service and Messrs. O'Dell and Albanese. The amendments, copies of which are filed as exhibits to this Form 8-K, are effective January 1, 2009 and reflect certain changes to comply with 409A of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, and the regulations or other guidance promulgated thereunder.

Item 9.01 Financial Statements and Exhibits.
(a) Exhibits.

10.1 Amendment to Employment Agreement between Saia, Inc. and Richard D. O'Dell, dated as of October 23, 2008.

10.2 Amendment to Amended and Restated Employment Agreement between Saia, Inc. and Anthony D. Albanese, dated as of October 23, 2008.

10.3 Amendment to Employment Agreement between Saia, Inc. and Herbert A. Trucksess, dated as of October 23, 2008.

10.4 Amendment to Amended and Restated Executive Severance Agreement between Saia, Inc. and Richard D. O'Dell, dated as of October 23, 2008.

10.5 Amendment to Amended and Restated Executive Severance Agreement between Saia, Inc. and Anthony D. Albanese, dated as of October 23, 2008.

10.6 Amendment to Executive Severance Agreement between Saia, Inc. and James A. Darby, dated as of October 23, 2008.

10.7 Amendment to Executive Severance Agreement between Saia, Inc. and Mark H. Robinson, dated as of October 23, 2008.

10.8 Amendment to Executive Severance Agreement between Saia, Inc. and Sally R. Buchholz, dated as of October 23, 2008.

hey,i think it means there going to keep them,but i have not seen the 8-k filling yet,its out there i just have not found it yet,when i do ill post it.:duh:

Sounds like the Higher ups have re-upped their contracts. That 700 billion dollar bailout must have done them some good too

go to google-saia.......go down to sec filings,it tells all what it meens..2 yrs pay ++++ ECT-ECT.

looked up h.trucksess compensation,severance pay 2 yrs would be 6.5 mill plus med ect ect for 3 yrs,,,and if uuuuuuuuuuuuuu are layed off you get:Flame-On::chairshot:

looked up h.trucksess compensation,severance pay 2 yrs would be 6.5 mill plus med ect ect for 3 yrs,,,and if uuuuuuuuuuuuuu are layed off you get:Flame-On::chairshot:
You don't get jack. you don't get jill. you are just pushed over the hill. :chairshot:

The question is it cheaper to keep the blithering******** or get rid of him. Either way he's a drag on earnings.

My answer is--if you can't drive a forklift and a truck, you need to go. ANYONE can manage, but not all people are able to deliver the freight and make the money.