Yellow | Can there be hope after so so job interview

Birddawg

TB Lurker
Credits
I interviewed for a driving job at the Lake Park terminal in Ga. and wondering what my chances are that I might still be hired. I have a clean driving record with the exception of a minor accident. The accident was in a big truck, but I wasn't at fault and neither vehicle had to be towed. The job opening closed out on 8-13-06. The worst thing was I didn't know anything about the company. He asked me to tell him about the company. I sent a thank you letter after the interview. I don't know what else I can do but re-apply when they have a future opening. Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.:wounded1:

Welcome to the Boards Einstein. Glad you found us. I applied at Roadway a couple times before I got hired. They will hire the most qualified people first, no matter how your interview went or what they knew about the company's history. If your the most qualified then your the man. Good luck.

Thanks for welcoming me and thanks for the quick response. Would it be a good idea to send a copy I have of a certifcate for safe driving. Lastely, how long after the job closes out will they hire someone ?

Einstein, Sometimes guys hear something right away others weeks. If you really want the job keep calling them. Good Luck!

thegr8one said:
Einstein, Sometimes guys hear something right away others weeks. If you really want the job keep calling them. Good Luck!
I agree with gr8 on this. Let them know you are intrested in RDWY and want a chance. It may take some time, but we need drivers all over, from what I hear them say. DS.

Hang in there buddy. Be patient and be possitive, the company needs you more than you need them. We are beggging for drivers in S. Ca. Hell I don't even think english is manditory anymore. Good luck buddy and hang in there!

Einstein said:
I interviewed for a driving job at the Lake Park terminal in Ga. and wondering what my chances are that I might still be hired. I have a clean driving record with the exception of a minor accident. The accident was in a big truck, but I wasn't at fault and neither vehicle had to be towed. The job opening closed out on 8-13-06. The worst thing was I didn't know anything about the company. He asked me to tell him about the company. I sent a thank you letter after the interview. I don't know what else I can do but re-apply when they have a future opening. Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.:wounded1:

Welcome to the TBoards Einstein... I wish you luck..... I think not knowing anything about Roadway was better... I think they were fishing to see if you know anything that in there eyes think you would be a disgruntle employee right off the bad....