Cancer

FLOUNDER

Always LAST
Credits
My mom has stage 3 lung cancer (Squamous cell carcinoma). Thanks in advance for the prayers.
This is one of the hardest things I've had to deal with. Today was the first day of Chemo and radiation and it lasted 6.5 hours, then the rest of the week is radiation only and it lasts for around 20-30 minutes. We do Chemo and radiation on Monday's and we're told the chemo will only be 2 hours long from here on out and the radiation will be 20-30 minutes a day Mon- Fri. for 8 weeks. I hope and pray we beat this cancer.

Many prayers going your way. My mother was told stage 4 breast and lung cancer last Nov. and was given 6 months max, so far the radiation has worked. No chemo treatments tho.
I went thru chemo in 2011 for stomach cancer--between that and 3 surgeries life sucked for a while, but with God's grace we made it.
Cancer CAN be beat!!!
Best of luck to your Mom.

first and foremost, your mom is in my prayers, as you are for a recovery.

there is a guy in my state, and it's in today's newspaper, that has beaten stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

yes, there IS a difference between the lungs and the pancreas, but it is still defeat-able.

Joan Lunden is battling cancer as well.

there is more hope these days from 10, 20, and certainly 50 years ago.

best of luck to your mom, and your family, and you.....

this in today's paper....

R.I. man beats stage 4 pancreatic cancer | Breaking News | providencejournal.com | The Providence Journal

I've been thru this several times with family and friends.Prayers out for your Mom and you.

Flounder, Prayers for your Mom and you and for family for strength to get thru this. I think we all know of some one with the Horrible cancer disease..
Again your in my prayers. Bill

A brother in law was diagnosed with lung cancer (Between stage 3 & stage four). He was given six months at best to live. He lived for five years. The doctor tried the drug Tarceva & it kept him cancer free for all of those years. He was a smoker for many years which is the reason given by the doctor for the cancer.
I lost my mother four years ago but not to cancer. I was her caregiver for several years. She gave so much & was loved by everybody. I hope I leave this live with half as many friends.
You are among friends here.