Carlisle, PA Drivers

Redd7

TB Lurker
Credits
I was hoping to get some info on the Carlisle, PA area. I may be moving to the area this year and there are some companies you guys might have good info on. Two I see that hire often are Sheetz (fuel delivery) and Giant Supermarket. Anybody know anyone that works for either?

I'm interested in a good job freight or no freight. My move would be no sooner than middle of summer so I'm taking it slow and just gathering information. Giant would be drop and hook at their big wide open docks from day one (I'd hope) which sounds pretty cushy. I like what Sheetz has to say in their ad. They're both big and financially secure which is something I look for in an employer.
I see UPS is hiring feeders off the street and offering a $6000 sign on bonus in that area so theres a lot to look into. It would be nice to know the truth about these places and that would come best from other drivers.

Just doing my homework

I'm interested in a good job freight or no freight. My move would be no sooner than middle of summer so I'm taking it slow and just gathering information. Giant would be drop and hook at their big wide open docks from day one (I'd hope) which sounds pretty cushy. I like what Sheetz has to say in their ad. They're both big and financially secure which is something I look for in an employer.
I see UPS is hiring feeders off the street and offering a $6000 sign on bonus in that area so theres a lot to look into. It would be nice to know the truth about these places and that would come best from other drivers.

Just doing my homework
UPS Feeder Driver. Probably nights to start, but after initial 3-4 years. top pay in Chicago now is $38 plus an hour.

Just doing my homework

Giant for the win.

Giant for the win.
I'm wondering what rate they start drivers at. I read on glass door the pay progression starts low but mentions their contract is up so I really don't know where they start people or how steady the work is. I figure there's plenty of drivers on here from that area. For those not familiar, Google ABF, OD, Fedex Freight, Yellow and Saia and you'll see why I'd think that.
UPS Feeder Driver. Probably nights to start, but after initial 3-4 years. top pay in Chicago now is $38 plus an hour.
Initial 3-4 years of what? I figure you're an extra who is on call with all different start times. I'm not opposed to night work but I don't like when I'm not home before the sun comes up. UPS would be stop number 1 but I can't accept a job that will ruin my home life so I figure that's a long shot.
It used to be impossible to get hired off the street and now they offer a $6000 sign on bonus just for taking the job. Hard to believe.

I'm wondering what rate they start drivers at. I read on glass door the pay progression starts low but mentions their contract is up so I really don't know where they start people or how steady the work is. I figure there's plenty of drivers on here from that area. For those not familiar, Google ABF, OD, Fedex Freight, Yellow and Saia and you'll see why I'd think that.

Initial 3-4 years of what? I figure you're an extra who is on call with all different start times. I'm not opposed to night work but I don't like when I'm not home before the sun comes up. UPS would be stop number 1 but I can't accept a job that will ruin my home life so I figure that's a long shot.
It used to be impossible to get hired off the street and now they offer a $6000 sign on bonus just for taking the job. Hard to believe.
If you're looking for a job that doesn't interfere with your home life, you shouldn't be looking at trucking.

If you're looking for a job that doesn't interfere with your home life, you shouldn't be looking at trucking.
I thought about telling him to maybe check out NP in Scranton. Once the company sees things the way the Economics Professor does, they will be adding a bunch of people there. Probably could get an 8 to 4:30 spot.

I'm cool with long hours and even some weird start times. My friend just started with a fuel company and got a 4pm start time the day he was hired. He works 12 hours a day 4 to 5 days a week. He has a schedule which he can plan his life around. That's something I can do and it's why Sheetz might be a good fit.
I've been in trucking more than a few years so it's a little late for that advice.
I just can't be on call wondering what days I'm going to work or even if I'm going to work.
Being called in for a 500 mile trip right when I'm going to bed doesn't work for me anymore.

I was hoping to get some info on the Carlisle, PA area. I may be moving to the area this year and there are some companies you guys might have good info on. Two I see that hire often are Sheetz (fuel delivery) and Giant Supermarket. Anybody know anyone that works for either?
Lots more driving jobs in the Carlisle area then you listed. Last I heard Carlisle was listed as the warehouse capitol of the US and more are being build every year. I have heard of guys with great records app to sheetz and never getting and interview or hired. Also the sheetz fuel job is not run buy sheetz it is subcontracted. I don't remember there name.

Lots more driving jobs in the Carlisle area then you listed. Last I heard Carlisle was listed as the warehouse capitol of the US and more are being build every year. I have heard of guys with great records app to sheetz and never getting and interview or hired. Also the sheetz fuel job is not run buy sheetz it is subcontracted. I don't remember there name.
20 some years ago it was common knowledge that more than half of the households in America were within a days drive of Carlisle. That metric might have increased since then.

CLI Transport but from what I understand CLI and Sheetz have the same owner. Sunoco just posted an ad as well. I'm interested in anything in the Carlisle/Harrisburg, Lancaster and York triangle. The move is to be closer to family in PA. I plan on going there because it's close enough, affordable housing and good job market for a truck driver. If anyone has inside info on any of these companies and you're not comfortable posting please PM me.
I'd love to know what Giant starts at. Yellow just posted for full time dock but I'm under the impression that no longer pays well.

CLI Transport but from what I understand CLI and Sheetz have the same owner. Sunoco just posted an ad as well. I'm interested in anything in the Carlisle/Harrisburg, Lancaster and York triangle. The move is to be closer to family in PA. I plan on going there because it's close enough, affordable housing and good job market for a truck driver. If anyone has inside info on any of these companies and you're not comfortable posting please PM me.
I'd love to know what Giant starts at. Yellow just posted for full time dock but I'm under the impression that no longer pays well.
There you go,Wayne.

9A63BA21-F84F-4AFA-94FA-C2681C8F6093.md.jpeg

Grocery or fuel. You will be on nights and weekends to start. And with fuel, I believe the driver has to be with the hose while delivering. Not for me standing at the hose in the rain