Yellow | Carlisle pa

Can anyone give me info on the full time road postion in Carlisle pa. Is it steady work or just Xtra board work.

I am a Carlisle domiciled Road Driver. You will be on the extra board. But the bottom Driver was forced onto a 2130 start time, we are 35+ drivers short handed. We have another handful training as I post this info. We are using p&d drivers from most of the eol terms. I just saw sign up sheets for this sat. & sun. line haul work in Allentown. You will work every 10 hrs. indefinitely. I don't see them hiring 35+ asap.

I am a Carlisle domiciled Road Driver. You will be on the extra board. But the bottom Driver was forced onto a 2130 start time, we are 35+ drivers short handed. We have another handful training as I post this info. We are using p&d drivers from most of the eol terms. I just saw sign up sheets for this sat. & sun. line haul work in Allentown. You will work every 10 hrs. indefinitely. I don't see them hiring 35+ asap.

That's a lot of help needed.Have people been quitting and retiring Sugarfoot?

Yea I agree with you on the nobody wants to drive truck anymore it's getting ridiculous. I have 16 years in at a non union ltl it's probably the worse I've seen and no job security at all. I have 11 years in with the teamsters I would like to retire as one. Thanks for the info. Be safe

That's a lot of help needed.Have people been quitting and retiring Sugarfoot?
FF, 4 retired, 4 went to UPSF and one to ABF Then on the reclassification bid for April 1st., more went to the dock, yard and city than stayed or came back to the road. It's difficult to recruit with every Carrier in the Harrisburg area "begging" for help.

Yea I agree with you on the nobody wants to drive truck anymore it's getting ridiculous. I have 16 years in at a non union ltl it's probably the worse I've seen and no job security at all. I have 11 years in with the teamsters I would like to retire as one. Thanks for the info. Be safe
We have one fellow from Estes and one from Fed-Ex, both seem content. We run a wheel extra board, first in, first out. ABF is also hiring. They run a seniority extra board, but their Pension is paid at full rate. Hope this helps you. Ask any thing else as you try to decide. Good luck.

FF, 4 retired, 4 went to UPSF and one to ABF Then on the reclassification bid for April 1st., more went to the dock, yard and city than stayed or came back to the road. It's difficult to recruit with every Carrier in the Harrisburg area "begging" for help.
And probably like out here. No one will pay an experienced freight guy full scale. They offer you around 20 an hour, no insurance for 90 days, and no pension credit till after your 90, no guarantee you will even get 40 hours, or OT, if they even pay it. Drivers are there if these company's would pay for experience and start them at full scale.

No. Because the Popcorn Machine is broken, and you never shipped our replacement.
I am working on it. They have 1 at the Albuquerque terminal not being used and have been trying to get it sent on a free astray to 135 but some old stick in the " mud" is throwing a fit about it saying they need all 3 they have so they can make Carmel and cheese , and regular at the same time!!!!

I am working on it. They have 1 at the Albuquerque terminal not being used and have been trying to get it sent on a free astray to 135 but some old stick in the " mud" is throwing a fit about it saying they need all 3 they have so they can make Carmel and cheese , and regular at the same time!!!!
Well with it being BB season. I can understand mud's objections.

They are using the third popcorn machine to keep the chicharrones warm.

Are the new hires offered the new uniforms??? Bet if they put a sign with a picture of a driver wearing it out on the pike, they would have a line of people to apply!!!!

Bayonne Bluebirds. People from New Jersey call them BB's.

Don't mess with us Jersey guys!

https://www.facebook.com/bluebirds....0.1073741827.447788498651871/447795931984461/

21987_447795931984461_409138615_n.jpg