XPO | Cascadia problems

One of ours in back in the shop. Somethin to do with the regeneration process. It keeps shutting down and not prompting the driver to start the regeneration process. It sits outta comission for about 45 min alongside the road and then restarts and runs normally. They had no clue what to do with it.

One of ours in back in the shop. Somethin to do with the regeneration process. It keeps shutting down and not prompting the driver to start the regeneration process. It sits outta comission for about 45 min alongside the road and then restarts and runs normally. They had no clue what to do with it.

had a 07 that did that after 50 thousand miles, Detroit finally found the problem in the doser block(this is where the fuel is injected into the exhaust to make it burn hotter) they finnally repleced that and all is good ...

Im not saying to do it but i believe you can spray the front of that sensor on the truck with something along the lines of pam cooking spray or even some diesel fuel etc... and the snow doesn't build up on it causing the truck to run at 1000 r.p.m.

PAM would become sticky if not removed quickly and cause dirt to stick. I would think that buying something along the lines of fog free for glasses or wipe with a defroster type of windshield cleaner. Not saying anyone should try these tho.

:stirthepot:i have one with 15000 miles on it and we have lost track of how meany times we have had to regenerate it plus other problems they ride nice everything else about them is junk

Just hang tight boys. There are bugs and well, they are working them out. I have heard from maintenance that there have been a very high number of problems and that they can't touch the trucks. Have to go to Freightliner for all issues.

Just logged 45,000 miles on my truck with no problems... Im the exception though. Several of out trucks have spent more time in the shop than on the road....

The problems with the regen systems are nothing new. We had problems starting with the Columbia. They aren't unique to one power plant either. They've all had problems since '07. Detroit, Caterpillar, it doesn't matter. There are certain problems that cannot be avoided. However knowing your truck and paying close attention to it can help.

The problem is compounded by running these power units in the city. In town the unit never stays at speed long enough to do a regen automatically.

I haven't turned a wrench in over a year, but you do get warning notifications from the lights and have some time to run a regen. Too many guys see these lights and ignore them until it is too late. Check the manual because I can't recall the series of notifications for the different power plants. They are basically the same. Also variations on the notifications are slight. In my opinion they should have designated a separate light to say "Hey driver, you got about such and such time to run a regen".

Out of curiosity, does Con-Way have dedicated City trucks, or does the fleet rotate? I know everyone hates sharing trucks, but I always thought it would be good to have units rotating between line haul and city. From my experience this would likely help alleviate some of the reoccurring problems.

And it is common for these systems to go to the dealer for repair. There are tools/machines needed which are required that are very expensive. Not to mention the fact that the trucks are brand new and in warranty. Still it always pissed me off when we had to send ours out. I wanted to learn more about the regen systems. >:(

I had some pictures of a truck that a guy parked near some bushes to run a regen. He then went inside for a bite to eat. When he came back all he found was melted fiberglass and aluminum. ;D I'll have to see if I still have them. Don't park near plant life if you have to regen.

At 45,000 miles, my tractor went in for service at XNW. Came back with black oil and a loose hub nut on the passanger side. Turns out it was a "dry" PM. Oil will be changed at 75,000. No other problems to report except for the A/C being weak.

Most of the "bugs" have been worked out of the other tractors at my SIC so, all drivers are happy with the performance and reliability of the new Cascadias, so far....