Yellow | Cash For Clunkers...

mustache

TB Legend
Credits
Obama, lawmakers agree on "cash-for-clunkers" bill

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Barack Obama and Democratic lawmakers reached agreement on Tuesday on a legislative proposal designed to stimulate U.S. auto sales, which have fallen to near 30-year lows.

The one-year plan crafted by members of the U.S. House of Representatives would offer vouchers worth up to $4,500 for owners to replace their less fuel efficient vehicles for models that get better gas mileage.

This should do wonders for removing the ability of the poor workingman to get to work in a few years. All the cars n trucks they would have bought will have been crushed. The ones that do take advantage of it now, will lose them to the finance company in two years. Those that don't, will be driving without insurance since they can't afford the higher premiums!!!

New Cars

VW got me thinking...
Let's leave the Democrats and Republicans out. Instead lets lets use the terms liars and truthers. Which one is Obama, which one are the rest?

I'm laid off and can't take on any debt. So as far as Obama using me to stimulate the economy, not happening.
To get $4.5k off you probably need to risk $30.0k +. In Detroit it cost $3.0k/year to insure, in TX it cost $1.2k. If the new car uses gasoline I'll need to plan on the new carbon tax's. To pay for more government oversight I'll be getting a higher income tax, higher cost of shipping/warehousing/new toll roads/etc. that always follow. Don't forget, if nobody takes advantage of this it will still cost millions.

The way I see it that $4.5k off is going to cost me $10k. With the added benefit of pissed off YRC road-ragers towering an additional 3 foot above me.

Hey kids I just got us a new home.... I mean minivan. Get your things, 1 box each. American Axle offered me relocation in Mexico.

Thats what we need, MORE debt for people up to their *** in debt..... geez

Thats what we need, MORE debt for people up to their *** in debt..... geez

My '98 Ford Ranger with manual transmission and 4-cylinder engine gets 30 mpg on the highway, 25-city (your actual mileage may vary). My '02 Toyota Camry (for wife) gets 25/20 mpg. BOTH are paid for. Now someone remind me why I need to buy a new vehicle??

My '98 Ford Ranger with manual transmission and 4-cylinder engine gets 30 mpg on the highway, 25-city (your actual mileage may vary). My '02 Toyota Camry (for wife) gets 25/20 mpg. BOTH are paid for. Now someone remind me why I need to buy a new vehicle??

I got a 02 Explorer with 30k a 05 Suzuki with less than 20k and 94 Mazda with 180k all paid for and they get plenty good gas mileage:clap:

I got a 02 Explorer with 30k a 05 Suzuki with less than 20k and 94 Mazda with 180k all paid for and they get plenty good gas mileage:clap:

Both of my vehicles are getting close to 100K each. Still as strong as the day I bought them...used.

Right before the gas prices went through the roof, a driver was bragging that his Hemi-powered pick up was great. Told me I oughtta get one. Then gas went to $4+ per gallon. He did't bring it up again.:thumbsup:

Both of my vehicles are getting close to 100K each. Still as strong as the day I bought them...used.

Right before the gas prices went through the roof, a driver was bragging that his Hemi-powered pick up was great. Told me I oughtta get one. Then gas went to $4+ per gallon. He did't bring it up again.:thumbsup:

ha!

30 k vehichle 500+ a month
Depreciation - 100 per week for the first 4 years (on average)
Collision extra - atleast 100 per month

wow 1000 dollars a month? not me... my 94 Mazda rides GOOD!:clap:

They did this in Texas, but you had to be poor. I wonder if there are income limits on this and what year is the newest clunker.

.: United States Senator Dianne Feinstein, California :: News Room :.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Measure Introduced by Senators Feinstein, Collins, and Schumer Would Establish National Incentive Program for Voluntary Retirement of Fuel-Inefficient Vehicles

Washington, DC – A measure introduced today by U.S. Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Susan Collins (R-Maine), and Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) would establish a national voucher program to enable and encourage drivers to voluntarily trade in their older, less fuel efficient car, truck or SUV for a more fuel efficient vehicle.

Specifically, the so-called “Cash for Clunkers” program would reimburse drivers with a credit of $2,500 to $4,500 for drivers who turn in fuel-inefficient vehicles to be scrapped, and purchase a more fuel efficient vehicle. The traded-in vehicles must have a fuel economy of no more than 18 miles per gallon, be in drivable condition, and have been registered for at least the past 120 days. Vouchers could also be redeemed for transit fares for participating local public transportation agencies. The program would operate for four years, from 2009 – 2012, and is expected to encourage the early retirement of up to one million vehicles per year.

.: United States Senator Dianne Feinstein, California :: News Room :.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Measure Introduced by Senators Feinstein, Collins, and Schumer Would Establish National Incentive Program for Voluntary Retirement of Fuel-Inefficient Vehicles

Washington, DC – A measure introduced today by U.S. Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Susan Collins (R-Maine), and Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) would establish a national voucher program to enable and encourage drivers to voluntarily trade in their older, less fuel efficient car, truck or SUV for a more fuel efficient vehicle.

Specifically, the so-called “Cash for Clunkers” program would reimburse drivers with a credit of $2,500 to $4,500 for drivers who turn in fuel-inefficient vehicles to be scrapped, and purchase a more fuel efficient vehicle. The traded-in vehicles must have a fuel economy of no more than 18 miles per gallon, be in drivable condition, and have been registered for at least the past 120 days. Vouchers could also be redeemed for transit fares for participating local public transportation agencies. The program would operate for four years, from 2009 – 2012, and is expected to encourage the early retirement of up to one million vehicles per year.

good news,i dont think so where do these morons think the money coming from. just raise my taxes to give a voucher,kool-aid anyone:eck13:

This could be good for the person looking for a new car. First you buy the clunker out of someones yard for $500 or best offer then traid it for the $4500.00 for your new one!

This is not funny,it will hurt you...

good news,i dont think so where do these morons think the money coming from. just raise my taxes to give a voucher,kool-aid anyone:eck13:

Don't forget to add: After 2012, any remaining vehicles not exempted (commercial trucks) will be seized and the owners will be subjected to penalties.

The traded vehicles will be sent to China to supply it's raw materials needs. 1.5 million tons of scrap metal given to China to compensate part of the debt owed to China.

Hear me people. If we do not remove these liars and thieves from office, AND from our State offices we are finished as a free nation.

The time of democrats and republicans is OVER. They are either liars/thieves or honest, no grey areas permitted. They are within the Constitution or without the Constitution, no grey areas permitted.

Working or laid off, YOU must get active. If you pound on your State your State will pound on Washington DC. If you don't pound you will be pounced upon.

GET ACTIVE. This car thing is only one of a thousand things DC and your State has planned for you.

Campaign For Liberty — Home

Ron Paul 2012 Ron Paul is very lonely in congress. Few if any have read the Constitution beyond the terms of office only to accommodate their campaigns.

This is one of the best 2.3 minutes you can view -> Statist thought skewered by the great Milton Friedman , go to The John Birch Society for more information.

Read this eye opener -> The Federal Reserve: An Astounding Exposure 1934

Our economic collapse was not caused by inefficient automobiles or ignorant bank loan officers. It was caused by people and businesses following the laws written by congress. And by following the regulations written by agencies created by congress.

YOU VOTED THEM IN (even if you didn't vote, no vote = no objection, a vote for Donald Duck would be an objection).

Please please please get active.

mdR

Sounds like they are trying to get older cars out of circulation so they can enact the per mile taxes. The more fuel efficient vehicles are all complex computer operated.

Where does all this end?? There is so much unaccountability in where the real problems lie and it is just getting worse. Corprate America is completely clueless. I thought that they just had no conscience but it appears more and more every day they are just beating a dead horse and don't realize it.

1. They desprately want us to buy thier products but they want us to work for $5.00 an hour for them.

2. They want us to take on crushing debt to sell one more item but want to lay us off to cut costs.

3. They can't get us to part with more of our paycheck lately so they go to the government to get our tax dollars instead. AND IT IS WORKING!!!! No more bailouts of any kind!!!!!!!!

I paint this with a broad brush of generalization but the big picture shows us that the people pulling the purse strings are so oblivious to the real problems that we will plummet further and farther than is really neccesary to fix the problem. Just give me a job that enables me to pay my ever higher bills and don't tell me I'm over paid as a result of having a little extra to buy your stupid s**t.

You can't have your cake and eat it too Corp-a-glomerate. Teddy Roosevelt said "...profit for profit sake... will ruin the American dream." Words of a great man from the early 1900's are exactly the rock on our ankle taking us under.

But how to fix it????? I don't know. I would hate to see the damage neccesary before these people figure it out.

To help the economy.But you have to buy a Chrt.or GM product and BTW $4.500 is not even a good down payment now days.If the mighty Obama wanted me to buy a new car or truck he should have sent me part of the Bailout money then I could pay cash with no note payments.:shift:

To help the economy.But you have to buy a Chrt.or GM product and BTW $4.500 is not even a good down payment now days.If the mighty Obama wanted me to buy a new car or truck he should have sent me part of the Bailout money then I could pay cash with no note payments.:shift:

If the $20b given to GM and Chrysler was instead given to each US household, each household would get $380.00+/-.
If each household bought a new car and got $2500.00, it would cost the US $132,500,000,000.00.
If the US divided $1t among US households, each household would receive $18,867.93.

Obama never mentions one simple fact:
Every dollar in circulation equals a dollar of debt.
Every dollar in circulation has been borrowed into existence.
To pay off $10 of debt, $11 must be borrowed, $10 plus $1 interest (turning the $10 debt into a $11 debt).
The above cycle repeats it's-self.
This cycle began in 1933.
This FEDERAL RESERVE system is now owed more interest than principal.
If you mortgage a house for $50k at 5%/30yrs the final payoff is $96,627.60. The $50k goes to the seller and you now must pay the bank $96.5k, that $96.5k must be borrowed into existence by the US. Thus increasing the US debt to $146.5k. Don't forget to calculate not only your interest on the $50k adding the US interest on the $146.5k.
The bank must return your $50k to the FED with interest turning the bank's $46.5k profit into $40k+/-. This $40k is still earning interest to the FED. And the money needed to pay the interest must be borrowed.

In our forced at gunpoint (IRS) FEDERAL RESERVE system, our "prosperity" is dependent upon debt. Your job requires your employer to be in debt.
The only way you can allow your children to live debt free (no guarantees) is to let them stay at home until they save enough $$$ to pay cash for their home. They will never be able to retire as a free man because the State will force them to pay a property tax until the day they die. No pay tax, no keep house. Pay the State for the privilege of maintaining life sustaining shelter or the State will remove you at gunpoint. Resisting could easily get you killed.

It seems everything is politically related. Everything "trucking" has a political regulation controlling it.

Watch Bill Moyers 1987 http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/politics/59737-freedom-slavery.html