New Penn | Cast your Vote.. What will be 3rd Quarter numbers

Let me add some rumors to this while I am at it... Friday they announce bankruptcy or more concessions, They also announce that newpenn and reddeway will be sold, ABF will now have the market share of the LTL and have great service to the Northeast and the west coast....
Not too far fetched an idea is it??

Let me add some rumors to this while I am at it... Friday they announce bankruptcy or more concessions, They also announce that newpenn and reddeway will be sold, ABF will now have the market share of the LTL and have great service to the Northeast and the west coast....
The us being sold sounds good .But i dont think its going to happen, if anyone does buy us abf is are only hope . No one else wiill want to take on are pension.

Way too far fetched, but in case you're right Oh Man let's all have a good
AddEmoticons04219.gif
together

I'll stick with my 230 million loss that I posted last month. Only chance ABF would buy us would be with concessions intact. And we all know that Hoffa and the IBT would never agree to that.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

forget ABF. They ain't buyin nobody. They're in a mud hole too. Since YRC made no money last quarter they will make a major improvement this quarter just on the concessions, capacity and cost reductions and with no other changes or improvements. Your estimate of $230 million loss is out of the question. Ya better stick with your day job at New Penn

forget ABF. They ain't buyin nobody. They're in a mud hole too. Since YRC made no money last quarter they will make a major improvement this quarter just on the concessions, capacity and cost reductions and with no other changes or improvements. Your estimate of $230 million loss is out of the question. Ya better stick with your day job at New Penn

I believe thats what Zollar has been saying the last 6 or so Quarters. I'll stick with my 230 Million and I believe you said 100 Million. You got to be out of your mind, these Idiots can lose that much in 1 MONTH. Remember they lost 300 million the 2nd quarter and didn't pay into the Pension that quarter either. So throw that Pension saving out for this quarter. The only reason they will save on pensions is because of the mass lay offs due to the 40 to 50 percent drop in freight.I'll Make a deal Joe,closest to loss gets a case or bottle of there choice. So anything under 165 million you get to drink on me and anything over I get to drink on you. Deal?? If I lose I will send to ur house or closest New Penn terminal, you can send mine to Cinnaminson terminal..

So anything under 165 million you get to drink on me and anything over I get to drink on you. Deal?? If I lose I will send to ur house or closest New Penn terminal, you can send mine to Cinnaminson terminal..

They had losses of over $1.5 billion and cut those loses to $320m last Q. And your betting they can't cut that loss in half in one quarter. You got a bet but don't forget you owe me one on the outcome of the New Penn vote but I won't hold you to it. Instead I'll just give you even money on this bet otherwise I would have given you 2-1

They had losses of over $1.5 billion and cut those loses to $320m last Q.

Man you are a spin doctor. When you lose 320m in 1 quarter and 1.5 billion in a year and a half and you call this cutting your loses:biglaugh::biglaugh:. I will give you address to send my bottle on Fri. Never bet you on anything else sorry.

Man you are a spin doctor. When you lose 320m in 1 quarter and 1.5 billion in a year and a half and you call this cutting your loses:biglaugh::biglaugh:. I will give you address to send my bottle on Fri. Never bet you on anything else sorry.

The stock market is looking 1 yr down the road
JPM is looking 1 yr down the road
YRC is looking 1 yr down the road
They see a prettier picture 1 yr down the road

They had losses of over $1.5 billion and cut those loses to $320m last Q. And your betting they can't cut that loss in half in one quarter. You got a bet but don't forget you owe me one on the outcome of the New Penn vote but I won't hold you to it. Instead I'll just give you even money on this bet otherwise I would have given you 2-1

Joe, where do you get your numbers???
They lost 974 million in 2008 and lost over 560 million the first half of 2009.
They have not cut any losses, The banks are so deep under the bed covers with them, thats all thats keeping them open!

Joe, where do you get your numbers???
They lost 974 million in 2008 and lost over 560 million the first half of 2009.
They have not cut any losses, The banks are so deep under the bed covers with them, thats all thats keeping them open!

titanic.jpg

A lot of it is one time write downs, paper loses, paper clip loses and unaudited real loses, the merge, claims, accidents, workman's comp, freight damage, employee stock plan. Haven't seen what the debt amount is. Operating cost has been reduced.
If the economy don't improve by next year down we go you're saying? Maybe so

It will be interesting on what the 3rdQ report will be. Several things come to mind.
Yrc Stock in the last two days creeped from the $3 mark to finishing today above $4, this is based on the banks requirements for the loan to have 100% compliance. Yrc to shutdown "NO" voting terminals will make it 100% compliant.
2) If my memory serves me right Estes or Old Dominion reported that they have and will complete somewhere around $70 million purchase of real estate.
3) Stifils & Nicholas reported a week or so ago that YRC is burning thru $45-$50 million a month. (This is your Pension brothers)
4) Some competitors are claiming that the cut-throat pricing is losing steam, however it still continues.

The question is whether or not the recent concessions and savings realized from the pension deferrals is enough to offset the losses.
Joe makes a logical point, so far nothing logical has come from YRC , if I'm wrong I'm wrong, my guess is the $100-$200 mill loss range, otherwise why stall the earnings report two more weeks? We will soon know!!!

I believe thats what Zollar has been saying the last 6 or so Quarters. I'll stick with my 230 Million and I believe you said 100 Million. You got to be out of your mind, these Idiots can lose that much in 1 MONTH. Remember they lost 300 million the 2nd quarter and didn't pay into the Pension that quarter either. So throw that Pension saving out for this quarter. The only reason they will save on pensions is because of the mass lay offs due to the 40 to 50 percent drop in freight.I'll Make a deal Joe,closest to loss gets a case or bottle of there choice. So anything under 165 million you get to drink on me and anything over I get to drink on you. Deal?? If I lose I will send to ur house or closest New Penn terminal, you can send mine to Cinnaminson terminal..

Wow only lost 158.7 million, quite a turnaround:clap:. :biglaugh: But I lost. Send me your drink request and where to send it....Dam if they fired Zollar with his golden parachute I would of covered that bet!!!!

You should have been at work the last few weeks, I've been saying 150-200 mill the whole time. They basically showed zero improvement from the 2nd quarter. The only difference this quarter is they couldn't show the pension payments.
They can sesquentially spin it all they want

You should have been at work the last few weeks, I've been saying 150-200 mill the whole time. They basically showed zero improvement from the 2nd quarter. The only difference this quarter is they couldn't show the pension payments.
They can sesquentially spin it all they want

Just get to work on my grievance. I need the cash to pay off my bets.....

Wow only lost 158.7 million,quite a turnaround:clap:. :biglaugh: But I lost. Send
me your drink request and where to send it....Dam if they fired Zollar with his golden parachute I would of covered that bet!!!!

the bond holders are gonna forgive $550m in debt for stock...a $550 million debt-for-stock swap--to put it on firmer financial footing.

Still, both Zollars and Taylor said YRC has been in discussions with the bondholders and are confident in the exchange. YRC needs 95% of bondholders to agree to the exchange or it will have to negotiate additional terms.

Zollars said he expects YRC to have positive cash flow next year.

Bondholders are in a forgiving mood and it's too far to the Southington term. so you're off the hook for the bottle..link on request