Yellow | Casual Corner

flatfinder

TB Lurker
Credits
OK, I started this thread so that anybody who has no/low seniority can spout off or
post their opinion without having to subject themselves to the "you don't know !@^%$ or have a right to have an opinion until you've got x number of years in crowd"

I know I am going to catch hell for saying this stuff

If I was a self centered SOB and really wanted a full time job (read utility position) by May I would vote yes on the 2008 NMFA primarily at the cost of the line haul guys and old timers who would get screwed. I really want a full time job but I would rather have a clear conscience. This contract gives a possible short benefit to us no timers but at a bad long term loss. This contract sets a standard for future give backs and rules. Vote No for your long term future or, if you only care about yourself and today, vote yes.

We need to send this (POS) contract back (at least until March 31).

It seems kind of weird that layoffs accelerated and work dropped off about the same time CEO "Dollar" Bill Zollars and the teamsters announced a tentative agreement.

I'm no rocket scientist but why in the world would the teamsters say this is a good contract?
Because it means a greater membership for them to draw their dues from?

I guess I am just a little frustrated that while I sit (since the end of November) not getting paid or called for work, the jokers on both sides of table are in a blatantly incestuous relationship to screw everybody while the docks are clogged at many terminals.

One more thing. Inflation IS going to be a big issue in the coming years and if you do any research you will find the that the CPI (consumer price index) by which your wage will be adjusted beyond the wage increases if inflation takes off does NOT accurately reflect the anticipated increases in FOOD and FUEL prices.

I better stop while I'm ahead. and be grateful
for my health and another day