Holland | casual local driver

lawless

TB Lurker
Credits
I am an otr driver looking at going local, the local holland terminal has an opening for a casual driver. I was wondering what that means, I'm guessing a glorified dockworker that can drive when needed.

it means working a max of 4 hours per day and not being used very often. Not a very solid way to way to pay the bills.

I am an otr driver looking at going local, the local holland terminal has an opening for a casual driver. I was wondering what that means, I'm guessing a glorified dockworker that can drive when needed.

I would say that if its a casual driver, with CDL, then you would work as needed for somewhere around 19.50 per hour. You would get 1.5 times that rate when working over 8 hours a day or over 40 hours a week. You would have to join the UNION and pay dues just like everybody else. You will probably get pension paid in but no insurance until you get hired full-time. That's how most everybody starts with a few exceptions, sometimes if you're lucky you get hired full-time right away but most don't. The dock only casual is only allowed to work for 4 hours a day and only gets 14.00 per hour. Make sure that it is a CDL qualified driving casual job and not a dock only casual, theres a major difference. What terminal is it?